1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
343 Posts
My old lady and me had the same problem when we drove down to Panama City Beach from GA. It's about a 4 hour ride and after doing that and riding all day down and back, we have been thinking of getting new seats too but don't want one that is higher than the stock ones. Not sure I'll find some like that but that's a small price to pay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
they dont bother me and the wife to bad, all she complains about is not having a sissybar. havent made but one all day ride but it was smooth road so wasnt too bad

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed the Dual Touring seat on my bike and absolutely love it. I'm just waiting on the sissy bar. Not sure how to show pictures on the forum.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaiderP90 said:
I installed the Dual Touring seat on my bike and absolutely love it. I'm just waiting on the sissy bar. Not sure how to show pictures on the forum.
Find the direct link to your image like this example:
http://www.jsipich.com/images/bike/raider.jpg

Then toss it between the tags: [ img ]http://www.jsipich.com/images/bike/raider.jpg[ /img ] (without the spaces in the brackets)

And you'll wind up with:

Also - does the Dual Touring seat dramatically change the look of the bike? Is it taller? Shorter? And can you tell me if your tailbone is killing you and your passenger, lol? Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
8) Nice choice in color of the Raider, Ninja. All I got mine is a mini sissy bar from Cobra. The old lady likes the bar, but on the long rides, she would like a more comforbatable seat. Probably would switch it out if the new one does throw off the look of the bike now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, Mudslide :)

Looking on the Star website at the customization tools - it doesn't look like Star's Dual Touring seat throws off the look of the bike all that much - It looks like it moves the rider forward a bit but it looks like the height of the rider/passenger are the same.

I might try some Gel pads, first. The stock seat is fine if we're shooting around town - but on those long rides it gets to me a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm waiting a little longer on the seat. Maybe the choices and prices will get a little better

·
Registered
343 Posts
It looks like I'll be getting the Corbin and backrest for the lady. I figure I can use that when she is with me and then switch it out when I'm riding without her. Some comfort will be needed. I'm taking her back down to Panama City Beach for Thunder at the Beach rally, so might as well make it comfortable for her. Then maybe lose her for a little bit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Ninja, I'm going to try and post some pictures here. My passenger says it is really comfortable, but she still needs the sissy bar.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
very nice looking, to boot! Have you noticed a difference in riding, as well? Do you sit higher than normal/etc?

Thanks for the pics, RaiderP90!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts