MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at the bike shop today and the parts man told me he got my passings lamps in. But not the mounts. Lets see:

Backrest - uprights and pad but no base.
Saddle bags - bags but no frame
Passing lamps - lamps but no mounts

It's like getting a toy for xmas but no batteries.

AAAHHHGGG!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
What i don't understand is why you can get one but not the other, considering you need them both to put it on the bike. Why is it tha Yami wouldn't have the same number of mounts available as the do passing lamps at any given time. same goes with the back rest.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am in the same boat Coyote......everything but the base on that backrest..... When you finally get the passing lamps please post a pic I think those are pretty cool... may have to get some myself once they aren't backordered.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am curious to see them on the bike as well, I must admit the pic on the Yami website kinda scares me, but I won't pass judgement until i see them on a bike!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post a pic when I get them installed. I sure hope it brightens it up at night.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sometimes it helps to call yamaha customer sevice directly. they will ship parts over night to the dealer for free once the parts are ready if you complaing it is taking to long. I had to do that to get my backrest I hadthe pad and the baseplate. so I called and gotthe rest whithin a week.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finally call customer service Wednesdayand talked to Chris. They told me that the saddle bad frames had been delivered Tuesday. I picked them up and installed them. I will post a different thread on the saddle bads when I calm down.

They called me about 1730 on my cell and told me that he got my passing lamp mounts expedited and shipped. I should have them in 2 to 3 days. We'll see.

The back rest base he said they were having some "technical issues" with. Like they had to change something to make it work? Chris did not know when they would be shipped but he assured me I would be one of the first to get them.

Dawn, thanks for the great idea! It does seem to help to call customer service. They seemed to really care.

Later

Coyote

·
Registered
231 Posts
i just ordered mine on tuesday (backrest set-up)...but decided to call them anyways. he said they "hope" to get 200 of them in on June 30th...i figure ok maybe i will get mine the begining of july...then i asked how many are on back order because i figure im pretty close to the bottom of the list.... he said there are 685 on order and i shouldnt expect mine this summer :kboom: :kboom: :kboom: :kboom:

holy god in heaven im hacked off

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow sorry to here that i guess i just got lucky my dealer had everything except pass lamps and comfort seat but i just called him and there all in and being shipped to me already so i have all the extras i wanted within a month of getting bike now i just have to decide on swepts or V&h 2 into 1

·
Registered
211 Posts
Count me in as one of the Raider owners waiting for the bottom back rest bracket to come in.

I ordered mine back in mid May and the dealer says im first on his list when they show up.
He did say he has the up right and the pad on the shelf with my name on it.
I can't wait till it comes in cause the wifey won't ride with me till I get the back rest on.

See I'm one of those wrist twister kind of guys and shes scared shes gonna slid right off the back.

Hurry Ma Yamaha get my part in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If the Yamaha dealer were smart they would refuse shipment of incomplete assy orders

Then they would back-up in Yami's warehouse, un-billed, un-paid for, and suddenly a bell would ring in the sales and accounting offices and somebody would get off their #@ss

·
Registered
292 Posts
Got my Raider in May and fanagled a boulevard windshield (Genuine Yamaha accessory - woop de doo!). Well, I keep checking and am being told that Yamaha will release the line July 1st. That means I should have it by July 15th. Sheesh!

I'm looking at the Vance & Hines and the Cobra swept pipes, but am still waiting for Bubs to show what they've got. I really like the sounds of the Bubs I've heard on the VTXs. Would love to have that sound.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah ... what is that all about?

It's like there's only one guy at the Yamaha factory who's actually making all the accessorie. And guess what happens if this guy gets kicked out by his girlfriend - then we get nothing at all, dude!!!!!

I did get the backrest installed. But I'm still waiting for a luggage rack. There's a pretty good growth opportunity for companies that offer aftermarket parts for the Raider. Yamaha has been REALLY slow distributing its own parts.

distantThunder

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will consider myself fortunate. I waited 2 1/2 weeks after the purchase of mine and had the backrest installed. They did have to wait for one of the parts ( I don't recall which) but it was, it seems now, an acceptable wait.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I waited 4 months for my backrest base. So if you don't wait that long consider it a happy day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well the story continues, I ordered my backrest at the end of March, I have gotten the upright and pad but no base, the dealer says that now there is no est. delivery date. Unbelievable, really. I had been thinking about ordering the driving lights but not until a few years from now when they may have some in their warehouse..........This is the only thing I can complain about with this bike though.......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yamaha told me that the chrome on the Quick Release Backrest Base P/N STR-5C743-10-00 that attaches to the bike was screwed up. They had to send them all back. I am also still waiting for mine. Everyone has been waiting since December. They just announced the first batch of Quick Release Backrest Bases would be sent out soon in the order that they had been purchased. They will be doing this in small batches.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm still waiting for Bubs to release/introduc a system for the Raider - Grrrr!

Dealer says the windshield will be here the first week of July.

Still trying to get a luggage rack for the Cobra backrest.

It'll get better. There are new products being released every week. By this time next year mainstream will catch on. There will be Raiders everywehere and parts available off the shelf - yeah right - LOL!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Joeraider01 said:
I have the backrest on my bike is there a problem with it or the newer one they made?
I have no idea. Yamaha told me that the chroming did not look as nice as the chrome on the bike. So they sent them all back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts