MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my Friends
Yesterday I was in a two vehicle accident with my Raider. This happened in Minnesota where it is currently in a salvage yard. I live in Wisconsin. I was taken by ambulance, treated and released and although I am hurt, I am very lucky as I was not wearing a helmet. I was thrown over the handlebars. I do not have much time right now and my heart is just not into this. Riding a bike should be relaxing but remember you can never RELAX. This happened so fast. The phone calls to your family are very hard to make. Keep riding my friends. RIDE SAFE
Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad to hear you weren't injured seriously. Guess it is just part of the risk we take. Best of luck Mike...

·
Registered
141 Posts
55Mike so sorry about your accident. The important thing for you and your family is that you are ok. The bike can be repaired or replaced although none of us would like to see our baby all scratched up things happen and happen fast. So rest up and let us know how things are going.

Raven

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mike,
I am so sorry to hear of you accident, I have been there myself and although it took some time I went back to riding. Hopefully you will heal quickly and be able to get back in the saddle should you choose to do so. Let us know if you need anything.
Take care
Eian

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mike, I am sorry to hear about the accident. Get better soon. Thankfully you weren't hurt seriously. My thoughts are with you and your family. :'(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very Sorry to hear that Mike, I hope you feeling better. Don't be sad body before you know it you back on the saddle again.

Thank God that you are OK and that's all it counts. Pls let us know if we can do anything.
God Bless You.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whoa... sorry to here that.

... not wearing a helmet? ... got His angels watching over you. :angel:

Don't forget to thank Him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear you are going to be OK. Yamaha will continue to make new Raiders, but there is only one you so get better and remember we are here if you need us...... TS

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, Mike. Glad to hear that you are OK - I took an 8 year hiatus from riding when a few friends of mine didn't make it home. Glad you're OK. There can be other bikes - don't worry.

Just be safe and get better.

·
Registered
153 Posts
As with all the others Mike, sorry to hear about your accident. I hope everything turns out ok. Heal quickly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Keep on the bright side, you can see the Sun!

Will you be able to fix or replace your bike?
Don't let it get you down.
Ride that horse again.

God bless,
Ken

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Mike -

We're very sorry to hear about your accident. We are also extremely grateful that you are OK.

I have been there as well, and I understand how your heart isn't into it right now. Don't worry about that. Right now, take your time, heal yourself, get as much rest as you need. When you're ready, you're ready. I know what what you're saying about those calls - thank God you were able to make them. I remember sitting by the roadside that day in '05, calling my wife. I'm just glad that the police didn't have to make that call for me...

I shot you a PM, give me a call if you need anything...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mike, first of all I want to say I'm also sorry, and thank god you are going to be OK. Being someone who also was involved in a crash myself back in the day, I can understand the frustration you are going through at this moment.

Take it easy for now, and I'm sure we will see you on the streets again. Tonight I'll say a prayer, and thank GOD for sparing 55mike.

·
Registered
343 Posts
As with the others so far, sorry to hear about you accindent. Glad that you are not hurtt to bad. Rest and recover and keep your head up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is a blessing to be spared. I had the unfortunate experience of looking at two mangled motorcylces this last Wednesday and a white sheet on the ground with the dead body of a 64 year old biker who was doing everything right that day. Had his helmet on, was following the rules of the road and still he was killed by a negligent driver of a car.
His friend was air lifted out. That man 68 died the following day.
Two bikers, not hurting anyone. A sunny day, no wind, what a nice day to go for a ride with your friend and POW you are hit by someone who just crossed into your lane suddenly.

Be ready to die. That's the bottom line. If you are not, give me a call or send me an email.

Be viginlant while riding. The other drivers don't care about you. It's all up to you to protect you through good choices, decisions and practice. The left is committed to Him who cares for you.

My best to all of you who ride this season.

Ken

·
Registered
826 Posts
I was wondering the same thing?? Anyone?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts