MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered myself a set of Cobra Swept Exhaust, Fi2000R O2 (closed loop) and K&N air filter for the beast.

I went with the K&N stock replacement filter as I'm going to mod my own air box instead of going with a BAK. The difference of 1-2 HP less than a BAK isn't such a big deal to me - so that's why I'm modding my stock box.

I'll post a detailed walk through of the process when my parts get here and I have time to throw it all together. I'll be sure to post the "pot" locations on the Fi2000R O2 when I get her dialed in just right for anyone looking to get that fuel controller and basic setup.

I'm still waiting for my grips - which I got the Kuryakyn Throttle Boss in a separate huge box... but still no grips, lol. They are on their way, tho. Perhaps tomorrow I will get them.

I'll be posting with pics and maybe vids of my installation (on all parts - just the important stuff - no long videos, lol) when I get everything and let everyone know how goes it.

UPDATE: Just got my Pipes and Fi2000R O2 in. The K&N filter was sent separately - should be getting it in tomorrow according to UPS. The parts will have to sit until I get my first service done.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling knowing that you got them pipes coming? Mine will be here on the 15th and should have them on on the sixteenth. As the song goes. what a wonderful feeling.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I got the ISO grips with the throttle boss on mine and I love them. You will be a lot happier with that setup over the stockers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know WaRaider - i can't wait to get them!!!!!

Eian31 - my friend has the ISO's with the boss on his M109 - man I love them things!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Ninja, I just went to Wally world and bought a new video camera so I could document the experience when I get them on. Will make a video of them afterwords and post it for all to see an hear. All the people that haven't get them will want them then. LOL ;D 8)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hot damn those pipes look good! My "can't wait to get my new pipes" meter just shot up a few hundred percent!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the links. They do look great, better than I expected. The pic says they are Swepts, but I noticed the end cuts are different that I've seen anywhere. These are bottom cut rather the side cuts I expected. Looks great either way.

Did anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RochNYRaider said:
Nice! Thanks for the links. They do look great, better than I expected. The pic says they are Swepts, but I noticed the end cuts are different that I've seen anywhere. These are bottom cut rather the side cuts I expected. Looks great either way.

Did anyone else notice this?
Aye - I also noticed that the pics on Cobra's Website (and every other store) show the rear (top) pipe following the same lines as the stock pipe which covers the Crankcase fill bolt.

However

These new pics show that Cobra has the pipes move AROUND the bolt - thusly exposing it for ease of access:

The pipes are also angled slightly different around the first bends.

Perhaps the pics on Cobra's and Sales websites were just the prelim from Cobra?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That sounds great, I have not seen this photo above with that angle. My swepts are suppose to be on their way to me and they say I should have them no later than Thrusday the 17th. Can't wait to get them. I'm gone to run open headers for sure down here. (Bafflelors out of their) LOL :icon10:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I did notice the cut at the ends. Unless I was really screwed up. I think these pipes are somewhat different than the ones that everyone has been looking at. I think they look even better!!!!!!! Yea buddy,. I can't wait.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nitro said:
Hey Ninja, where did buy the Fi2000R O2 (closed loop)? thanks!
eBay - got it for 210 and he threw the shipping cost out the window and packed it in with my pipes.

You can find some good deals there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts