MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.
I found on Clearview windshields that they have a shield to fit the Warrior. This shield uses the Warrior Boulevard brackets from the Boulevard shield that Star makes for the Warrior.

I purchased what Star calls the Boulevard shield for my Raider right off their website listing. It is the smallest shield for the Raider. What I'm wondering is, will this Clearview fit the Raider similar to the Warrior and can I use it interchangably on the Raider?

Clearview is out 4-6 weeks for this shield which is a bummer. I'll wait if I have to as it is very affordable and could use the brackets I already have.

I really don't like anything else I see out there other than the Yamaha Star tall removable shield.

I invite comments from anyone along these lines.

Thank you,

Ken

·
Registered
168 Posts
Stevo, when I first got my Raider, I installed the boulevard.
But I didn't like it. It too short. It just barely goes above the handlebars.

So changed it for the "Tall" one, which it's not really that tall.

GC

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the short removeable windshield, it is ok knocks the wind off my chest and face. I still get alot on my head and arms. Everyone said not to put one on cause it wouldnt look rite. When they saw it the said it looks real good on it. I agree.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steveo
I have the Boulevard windshield on my bike now. It's fine for taking the wind off your chest but not your head.
I prefer a taller shield for long distance rides.
I think the Star tall would be best or perhaps an aftermarket version that is at least 21" tall.

Best,
Ken

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the small and medium Sportech shields for my raider and they are sharp looking windshields. The small is 15X15 and keeps the wind off my body and head. They install on the handlebars with highly polished brackets and slip on/off in five seconds or so. My small I used for just a little over a week because I found a used medium which I perfer but actually only gives about 25% more protection. The small looks much better and am selling for $190.00 shipped in conus only. Paid $265 with shipping. Here's a link to watch: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBTrpXamBI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts