MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to how many have, or are going to have a windshield on their Raider .

Buck

·
Registered
826 Posts
Add 1 to your list!! I just have not made up my mind whuch one yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have put the Memphis Shades Alley Cat on mine (solar tint). I fits and looks good and can be quickly removed. Here is a link to some picts of it:

·
Registered
22 Posts
have the raider boulavard,keeps off the chest,they say the switch blade is a good one and can get 3 sizes for the same mount.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Howdy Buck...have Yamaha Tall on mine as you know, but would probably put National Cycle stuff on if it were readily available due to better product support and choices.

The lowers work great...can't have them back.

Gary in Fairbanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't have one yet, I still have to decide what size I want. I am 5'9".. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Impaler: Off topic, but for me at the same height 19" above headlight to barely look over, 20" or more to look through.

Gary in Fairbanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Impaler said:
I don't have one yet, I still have to decide what size I want. I am 5'9".. Any suggestions?

Impaler, I just installed the Yamaha 19" windshield. I'm 6'2" and it's not working so well for me. At higher speeds the windstream strikes the upper half of my helmet and the resulting turbulence is like having my head attached to one of those paint-can mixers they use at Home Depot. I resort to bending down to look through the shield which is a little pointless. I believe my eyes are about 3-4" above the top, but that's just eyeballing it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am 6'3" and I have the OEM 19"er. My eyes are 3-4 inches above the top and I get just the right amount of wind on myface/head/helmet. I wear a shorty half helmet with 7-eye goggles. I love it and I like that it doesn't take away from the lines or angle of rake. A+ from me.

Should also state, that I rarely use the shield...mostly when I decide to ride into the city to work. Evenings, night outs and weekend cruising is sans windshield

1 - 12 of 12 Posts