MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everone!!!

I picked up my bike yesterday and I LOVE IT!!! I've been on the forum since the beginning of the week and been reading alot. I'm not an aggressive driver but just a cruiser with an occasional tendency of rolling the throttle hard. I've been to superbike school and can corner with the best but that is not why I ride. I just like the looks and a smooth ride of a bike. NOW...with normal driving, will I ever scrape any parts on my bike? I never had any issues with my other bikes but I see that it gets mentioned quite a few times in the forum. Any input would be greatly appreciated not to mention worry :eek:

Tony

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you are not agressive and you have stock exhaust you should hit the feelers on your pegs a few times but nothing that will be to bad. With that said if you put on aftermarket exhaust like the mortons, swepts, or slashdowns you will increase your risk of scraping dramtically. This is all just my opinion so take it for what its worth. If you ask the ol lady it aint much :icon10:

·
Registered
3 Posts
HEY BRO! DONT WORRY ABOUT THE GROUND CLEARANCE ON YOUR RAIDER. I HAVE HAD MINE IN SOME PRETTY AGGRESSIVE TURNS JUST "WITH A WILD HAIR" AND HAVE NEVER DRAGGED ANYTHING BUT MY PEG A FEW TIMES. THE BIKE HANDLES GREAT WHEN YOU FEEL THE URGE TO PUSH IT.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scraping is always good.
You need to get the Ride Like a Pro videos.
They want you to learn to scrape. Learn that lean angle on every bike you own and ride.
Ride in circles in a parking lot at slow speeds with your head turned like an owl left all the way
and or right all the way and lean the bike.
Counter weight with your body off center.
If you are new to riding you should learn this. If you are not you should already know it.
Remember to feather the clutch, ride the rear brake a bit as needed and always provide
slow smooth steady throttle. Just like Ride Like a Pro teaches you.

It's advanced riding techniques that will keep us all alive and help us enjoy the bikes we ride.

Now, go scrape some pegs.

Best,

Ken

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I logged some 75 miles by myself yesterday and it was SOOTHING...GREAT...AWESOME...I can't say enough! I didn't drive it any more aggresive than I would ride my other bikes, so I have no more worries. My fiance was impressed as well, she could not believe how much smoother the bike is compared to the others. Needless to say, I think I will be selling the other 2 because there is no chance now that they will see the light of day.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nomadken said:
Scraping is always good.
You need to get the Ride Like a Pro videos.
They want you to learn to scrape. Learn that lean angle on every bike you own and ride.
Ride in circles in a parking lot at slow speeds with your head turned like an owl left all the way
and or right all the way and lean the bike.
Counter weight with your body off center.
If you are new to riding you should learn this. If you are not you should already know it.
Remember to feather the clutch, ride the rear brake a bit as needed and always provide
slow smooth steady throttle. Just like Ride Like a Pro teaches you.

It's advanced riding techniques that will keep us all alive and help us enjoy the bikes we ride.

Now, go scrape some pegs.

Best,

Ken
Ken,
I ordered the dvd today. I can't wait to get it. Thank you very much.

VB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure whats up with mine...but Im running cobra swepts..(no lowering kit and i wiegh 200lbs)...without the heat shields at the moment, cause I'm trying to get Jet Hott to Ceramic coat them black....so ud think id have an extra bit of leeway..but I have scraped the swepts twice already. Not sure if this info will help, but there it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts