MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the purpose of this heat warp that is held in place by Tye wraps along the bottom of the frame? is this some special type of heat wrap. the reason why i am asking i just changed the gear oil and forgot to take it all the way off so i got gear oil in it and all over it. i wiped must of it off but you can see how some of it got on the inside of the wrap
and soaked the inside., can i just replace it? if so what do i use? also was going to change the oil and filter, but i am not to sure where the 2 drain plugs are on the engine and where the third one is on the oil tank? have looked at pictures in the owners manual but still cant find them on the bike? anybody have any pictures that show where these drain plugs are? thanks Burt

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just changed mine today and it is right next to the shock. You have to look right under neath the bike. It is in a hidden spot. It is silver in color, 17mm socket will do. I haven't changed my transfer case oil yet, do you have any suggestions on the type of oil?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just used the yamaha gear oil that they recommend for it i forgot what it is called but it is in the owners manual. i just filled it up till it started to come out of level site. took a little over a half of quart.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If you don't have stock pipes with the cats you can take that fugly foil insulation thingy off and throw it away.Then the break hoses will fit behind the bracket that held the Fugly thingy and re tie the hoses. :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts