MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
A "real" 5 gallon tank would be perfect so I can at least ride another 30-40 miles.
Would really like to keep it as "stock" looking as possible.
Haven't been able to find on on-line or someone in the Dallas area that would customize one.

I went into a local 'famous' bike builder and once I told them that the bike was a Yamaha I was literally told "we don't touch that". Had at least $200 worth of merchandise in my hands that all of a sudden I could do without.

GC

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm looking for a integrated tail light and bracket for the plate. I found the exhaust that I want. I contacted Cobra and they said that the Swept Speedsters will be at their distributors on the 24th of this month.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P90 -

The light and bracket are both available from Performance Edge. Our bracket came in today (side mount) and the light will be in next week. PE also has a simple rear mount bracket that is included with the tail light assy.

We'll be installing both as our Stage 2 fender chop - I'll be posting pics and info

·
Registered
141 Posts
gotnos Well I mostly ride one up so I don't plan on putting a backrest on the bike but it would be nice just to hold a overnight or weekend bag. I'm not much for hard bags so I don't think I'll go there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to get a diffrent ignition box. I would like to get more rpm out of it. yamaha makes one for the road star. but I'm not holding breath for that.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raven -

Tourmaster makes a small bag called the Cortech Tail bag. It fits great in the passenger position. I've used mine for over night trips with no other luggage, and also on those rare occasions when I can commute to work on the bike.

Check it out here
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=148&cat=31

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks NJ!! I'll look at the tail bag tomorrow on my lunch break. Local dealer shows black in stock for $69.95

·
Registered
326 Posts
hey raven my wife was on ebay the other night and found black leather jackets with small red trible flams on the sleaves and back that matches the ones on the red s pretty good, would look even better with raider emblem put on back. might have to steal your idea if you dont mind. ;D

as for my wish list chrome wheels would have to be at the top :super:

·
Registered
141 Posts
:D No problem AO. Maybe you can start a business putting the jackets and emblems together for all raider riders. When we all meet up we can have our screen names sewn on so we will recognize eachother. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
I really don't want much for the Raider. I really like the pipes on it, but not loud enough. I think I will go for the Cobra Swepts. Thought about the Mortons but I have aheard a lot of bad things about them. Other than that, One of these days my backrest from Yammi will get here.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think a chin spoiler would look incredible on this bike. If there's enough interest, we can try to find a fiberglass fabricator to design one.

For patches, we could definitely get those made as well if enough people want them. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I assume that a chin spoiler is the same as a "opossum pusher"? :icon10: If so I believe Corbin is making one for the raider. I will investigate further..... TS

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unless I dreamed it I thought I saw a chin spoiler on the CORBIN site. Seems they had a raider with a chin spoiler, new seat and rear luggage all decked out in blue. Check it out!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts