MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have our favorite, what's yours?

For me it is Indian. I've always wanted one over a Harley. But for years they were very hard to come by. Once Polaris started making them again, I was all in.

·
American Legion Rider
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honda 175 twin
My Honda 185 Twin Star was like that. Yep could flick that bike all over the place. Learned how to draft with that bike because wot it was hard to do 60mph even downhill. It was far from a dirt bike but I ran that poor thing down some nasty cow paths in the California Central Valley area. Then jump back on the freeway and draft my way back home to the coastal area. Very fun bike.

·
Super Moderator
94 Posts
The first experiences are always the best. I learnt to ride on a mates Honda 175 twin - I still remember those early learning memories as some of my best.
I guess first experience is a lot of it. It was also a lot more about the freedom - on the street I have to stay in my lane, speed limits, traffic lights, etc. On the enduro there was almost a creativity to riding, what line would you take? should I just do wheelies for a while? Maybe I'll go play in that puddle. All the orchards and feilds I used to ride in are built up subdivisions and the trails are regulated. Perhaps it is because I could never have it back that I want it back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I guess first experience is a lot of it. It was also a lot more about the freedom - on the street I have to stay in my lane, speed limits, traffic lights, etc. On the enduro there was almost a creativity to riding, what line would you take? should I just do wheelies for a while? Maybe I'll go play in that puddle. All the orchards and feilds I used to ride in are built up subdivisions and the trails are regulated. Perhaps it is because I could never have it back that I want it back.
Never got into the enduro thing, but did have a Honda 250XL which was a great bike. I used to ride it up into the State forestry to visit some alternative lifestyle friends who had their own plot of land.

That bike never let me down, it just continued to run. I was actually given it by a guy who just wanted to move on. Free.

Loved that little bike. Awesome on the forestry gravel roads and pretty good on the tarmac as well.

I rode it unregistered for a few years - no cops up in the forestry and I live a long way from town and knew all the back roads - fun times, looking back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My first 2 wheeler was a Honda 150 (or maybe it was a 125) scooter back in the early '80's. It was exciting to ride and didn't create a giant argument with my wife who had always opposed my daydreams about getting a motorcycle. In fact I got her to ride as my passenger and we scooter all over San Antonio and had a blast. So now, even though it is not my main ride, I again have a Honda scooter, a 2019 PCX150 and it is incredibly fun to ride this little, lightweight scooter that can do 65 mph even without a tailwind. And while my Spyder is my main ride, I could see someday in the future getting down to just a scooter. For those that have never ridden one, or only have experience with the tiny 49cc models, riding a nice scooter can be a special experience.

·
American Legion Rider
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No where did you say what your FAVORITE was Vito, which is what this thread is about.

Reactions: PORKY

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right now my Spyder is my favorite. Years ago I thought my Kawa Concours was about as close to perfect for what I wanted as any bike made. Handling and power were great, and with that 7.5 gallon gas tank I could ride for hours and hours without the need to stop. But that was long ago.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Favorite Scooter: Suzuki 650 Burgman Executive that I owned some time ago.

Favorite Touring Bike: My BMW K1200 LTC.

Favorite STD: My past Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Favourite motorcycle. :unsure: Loved my little Ducati Silver Shotgun 400 single, loved my Ducati 860GTe, loved my BMW R100RT, loved my Ducati 750SS, loved my Ducati Dahmah 900, loved my Ducati Pantah 650, loved my Honda 750/4, 500/4,350/4, loved my Aprilia 1000 Falco, loved my Harley FXST............and on and on it goes. For me there is no 'favourite' motorcycle, they were all different and all did different things.....differently.

If you have a love for only one motorcycle, then you haven't ridden enough motorcycles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts