MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Cobra Swept exhaust and waiting for them to come in anyday now. My question to anyone is??? How good is the Cobra Fi2000R Fuel Processor for Raider, because I'm told by many to order the Dyno-Jet Power Commander USB What is the best one to install???

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Opinions vary as to which is best - based on my research here's a couple of points that might help you decide:

The Cobra FI2000, as well as the Kuryakyn Wild Thing, is based on a previous version of the Techlusion TFI from Dobeck Performance. I had the TFI on my Mean Streak, and it was simple to install, and really easy to tune - no computer required, and their support was great. Adjustments are made by turning a couple of small screws. Performance was awesome. The new versions are plug-n-play. You could always go with the actual Dobeck unit and get similar performance, and Dobeck's support.

The Power Commander has a great reputation, based partially on great advertising, and the fact that it's manufactured by the same company (DynoJet) that makes the most popular Dynonameter on the market. There's no question that it acually works, and it certainly helps performane. On the other hand, tuning requires you to download custom maps using a computer, and you cannot adjust the unit without hooking your laptop up to your bike. So much for tuning on the fly.

If you're installing Cobra pipes, I think you'll do well with the FI2000. Their tech support will probably be a big help with the settings considering that the pipes and controller come from the same company.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I ordered the Swept pipes also. I am getting the Power Commander for mine. Main reason is that I can use it with the stock setup also and I can not trust myself to make the right calculations. there will always be someone with a map to download. Get better fuel economy

·
Registered
530 Posts
The cobra and tfi only add fuel and do not have the capability of removing fuel. may not be an issue with the lean running Raider but I like to have the option, and the cost is not much more for the PC3. I had a PC3 on my meanstreak and it was great, Also you do not need a laptop, you can just unplug the PC3 and bring it into your house and download a map from your desktop. Thats the way I do it anyway. If your tooling around town and want max power then download the appropriate map, if your going on a long jaunt and want max mpg then unplug it and download the app. map. Takes about 20 minutes tops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.