MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be buying my new Raider S in about a month. Only waiting on the right exhaust (with the best looks and added performance), the right lift kit, a windshield, a luggage rack and a rear tire -- I want to put it all on one loan. Speaking of the rear tire -- I haven't seen much discussion about that on this site. I think it looks great from the rear but quite anemic from the side. It needs more meat. Anybody know of a 220-240 normal profile Metzler that would fit? I think it would look much better with a little more profile back there!

·
Registered
220 Posts
From what I've read - the swingarm is more than capable. I can fit my hand between the outside of the stock 210 and the swingarm.

You *might* need to upgrade to a wider rim to accommodate the wider tire - but I would keep the height at the stock 40. There's only 3.5 inches of travel in the stock swingarm - tossing a taller tire on the rear would more than likely cause you kiss the rear fender going over large bumps.

At least that's what I am guessing according to the specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a 240 on last week with no problems. I even think a 250 may work. The factory rim fit perfect with no distorsion of the tire. This is the way they should have released the bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
73vette said:
I put a 240 on last week with no problems. I even think a 250 may work. The factory rim fit perfect with no distorsion of the tire. This is the way they should have released the bike.
Woot! Good to hear it. I think a lot of people will be upgrading to a 240 once they've torched their rear tires enough :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
a 240? sounds like a good idea when it's time for a new tire. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey '73 you've any pics with that 240 installed????
I'm also planning on getting a 240 when this 210 wears.
Then if I see that there's room for improvment I'll move to the 250.

Also, did you go with the stock brand or get something else????

Thanks.
GC

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, we definitely need pics. I am interested in putting the 240 on as well

·
Registered
343 Posts
A pic would be nice. Since it fits, would be a nice change on the bike since it's not that much bigger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will post pics as soon as the dealer finishes the pipes. We did use the same brand tire and mounted to chrome wheels. This is the blue bike and you can not believe how good chrome wheels look. We also lowered the bike and the 240 tire fills the whole fender. COOOL!! as a big dog.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I know were not talking alot wider with the 240 but I was wondering if the handeling is just as good with the 240 as with the 210. The handling on the stock tire is awesome, and just want to make sure when moving to the 240 I don't sacrifice to much in the way of handling. Your Thoughts??

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can feel it try to right set in the slow corner but you get used to that quickly. I have ridden a number of bikes with the 300 rear tire and as well the Victory with the 250 and they were much worse. The looks far out way the change in handling unless your into racing the sport bikes.

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
I rode the Victory with the 250 tire as well and it handled like crap in my opinion, I just want to avoid that if possible. I don't plan on racing sport bikes but ya never know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts