MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find any info on this in search so here goes sorry if a just pass out old info. Saw this in another forum so decided to try it myself. Warrior pipes will fit the Raider by making a new rear mounting bracket and adding a O2 sensor bung. Other than that they will bolt right up. I have installed a set of V&H Big Shots myself and have heard of another guy using the Samson Street Sweepers. Thats all I know of at the moment but there will be more likely as time passes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new bracket is still in the works. But for a temporary solution so I can ride I applied JB Weld to some flat stock I had the holes drilled in and attatched it to the back of the Warrior bracket. I've got a drill but not much else so the bracket was outsourced. As for the O2 sensor get a nut thet fits the threads then trial fit the pipes you plan on using w/any sheilds & mark the location for the O2 sensor on the pipes. After that you can drill the hole and weld the nut on or you can take it to your local muffler shop & have them weld it on cost me $10. I have been running them for about a month now. I installed a FI2000R to eliminate the popping I got on decel before I had it installed.

·
Registered
826 Posts
got any pictures?

·
Registered
826 Posts
And those are for the Warrior huh, I guess I do not see where you fabbed your bracket but I think they look really good on there. Kudos on a cool set of pipes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering the pipes are solidly attached to each other there was not much wiggle room on these either. I slipped it into the front cylinder then the rear cylinder went right in like it belonged there. I did not even have to change gaskets. If you wanted the Propipe you could get a stock set of Warrior pipes fairly cheap and be able to see if that fits the heads. It would be a safe bet to say that if it does the Propipe would fit. Better than paying full price for the Propipe and finding it does not fit. IMO

·
Registered
499 Posts
Would you believe I have an original set of pipes in my garage for an 06 Warrior (my ex).

I'd test this theory out myself... if I knew what I was doing... :-[

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If your willing to take the time to take off the stockers and putting them back on after fitting the Warrior pipes its not all that difficult. You actually only need to try the head pipes without the muffler to see if they fit. If you can turn a wrench you can change the pipes. If you use Warrior pipes the directions included are pretty well worthless for the Raider. You could probably get a good descriptive on removing the stock pipes from the folks here on the board that have already done it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've still got my original factory Warrior pipes from my '05 midnight. Just took the muffler, or should I say water heater, off the pipes. Since I have my pipes off anyway I'll take the Warrior pipes down to the shop tomorrow (Monday) and see if they fit.

Will advise Monday night after I get back home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.