MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe a read somebody saying that his Raider came with a 5yr warranty. Is that more or less the norm for everybody????

If so I need to go raise some hell since I was told that mine only came with a one year warranty.

Thanks
GC

·
Registered
194 Posts
ao, I believe it is only 4 years warranty. When you purchase the 4 years warranty, starts from the 1st day it would be combined with the 1st year of manufacturing warranty. I have a news for all of you guys that purchase the Raider like me.
I recently purchased mine with lots of accessories, but some are on order. So I called the Star company and they confirmed that they are all on back order. It's been nearly one month that They have my bike and nothing has been done.

Any way, I asked the customer service, If I need any warranty work done, Is dealer authorized to do the warranty work. They said they are but they are not certified Yamaha technicians. The closest to me is in Brooklyn which is 2 hrs away from me.
The question is here is this legal to sell the product knowing that they are authorized to make any repair or warranty work.

·
Registered
326 Posts
no mine is a 5 yr warranty. they knocked a little of the price of the 4 yr and added 1 more to convince me to buy it. i also bought the tire and wheel warranty when i bought the bike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey GC

Saw the pic you posted. I'm interested in that same pipe. I live in Plano,also. Would love to hear and see the pipe in person. Anyway we could meet up?

Thanks
Dwight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts