MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: I have noticed that alot of you are doing quite a few modifications to your bikes that include electrical and fuel to name a few. Now if you have any problems does Yamaha stand behind the warranty if you have done modifications to the bike? I would like to do some modifications but do not want to void the warranty. Thanks for the help guys, love the forum...........

TS

·
Registered
326 Posts
i was told that as long as i didnt crack into the case it would be ok, but i know a lot of dealerships will say a programmer will viod the warrenty cause it allowes you to change the engine safe gaurds, im still thing of getting one just have to make sure that it is plug and play and not splice into the factory harness so i can take it off and they wont know ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Most of the time, unless you make internal mods say, to the engine or tranny. You won't have any problems with warranty. The only thing I can see that might make a difference is if you modify something that later has a recall on it. these bikes semm pretty solid, so I don't see any reason to worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts