MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yall all know the trouble i had with morton's exhaust that i bought, well i thought that it might have just been my luck that i get a pair that doesnt fit worth a crap, well it wasent it really is shotty craftsmenship. i orderd a pair of thier heat shields for my pipes about 3 weeks ago and i finally got them in today and guess what, they suck too! the one for the rear pipe has no curve to it what so ever and that causes the shield to stick out about two inches where the pipes turns to go into the head. they dont even cover up where the pipes are blueing (like it says on thier website). and when i called about returning them the lady that answered the phone got an attitude and told me i didnt know what i was doing. there is nothing worse than ordering a new part paying with your hard earned money getting all excited and then come to find out it dosent even look like it was made for the raider. i just wanted the largest gathering of raider riders to be warned, dont want them to rip anybody else off. i will never buy anything from mortons ever again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That seems to be the story with Morton's on other message boards, too. I love the look, but would hate the hassle.

Have your pipes drug on the ground while turning yet? That also seems to be a common problem with those pipes.

Oh ... and hello to the forum, too! Just registered today. I'll post a "hello" message later and introduce myself. ;D

·
Registered
155 Posts
:eek: Was alabout order those pipes, quess I"ll wait a bit longer to see what comes out. Really liked the looks of those pipes....Thanks for the heads up..............

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just recieved a phone call from mortons. they have read the forum and wanted to call to let me know that if i was unhappy they would do anything to resolve it and that they treat all there customers this way. they also told me that i recieved one of the first five of the raider pipes, since then they have fixed the problem with the o2 sensor bung and put a little slack in the rear mount as to make the pipes bolt up right. they also told me that most of there heat shields do cover up the blue as is says on their web site but that they would reword that as to not be misleading in that the raider heat shields do not on the rear pipe. i wanted to let all of you know this because they took the time to fix the problems with the pipes and also took the time to call me(after they were already closed and should have been going home) and let me know that they would be more than willing to give me a full refund if that is what i wanted. just felt i should let all of you know that they fixed the problems.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah and ive only drug them once and that was with my wife on the back and there was a little dip in the road

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was also going to order the frame cover form them, but not anymore.
I'll look somewhere else.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well she told me that it didnt matter to her if i explained what was up on here, but for you guys that were thinking of getting a set of pipes i wanted to let you all know that the fixed all the problems that i had with mine. and i also found out that mortons makes alot of the stuff that you guys have bought from other people like the pacificcoaststar.com lowering kit. anyway just wanted to let you guys know whats up ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ok ao, the question is, would you buy from them again?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
propably, she asked me why i didnt just call when i found the stuff about the pipes, and i told her that i understood that the were hand made and and their not the big name suppliers like cobra and the rest of them, and that this was a brand new bike with them being one of the frist aftermarket suppliers so some bumps in the road was expected. i also told her that my main issue was the heat shields, that the didnt cover up the blue as it states on their web site, and they also took a little persasion to get on and centered. im thiking of buying the lowering kit to be honest, i didnt know it was made by them but now that i do i dont think that will change anything. i heard some great things about that kit, and afjack seems to love his.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, the lowering kit is sweet and everyone has been completely blown away at the difference it made in the bikes stance. I'm going to eventually put longer fork tubes on, that's down the road a month or two. Can't decide whether to go all out with 4" longer fork tubes or go with 2". I ordered my RC Component wheels today with a 240/40-18 mounted. My ole lady is going to have a cow when she finds out I ordered them. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, that way you only get chewed once. She keeps questioning all the little boxes that keep showing up at the front door. I ordered the vertical mount from Performance Edge, thanks to NJRaider. I ordered the miniatare Kuraskyn silver bullets for the rear flashers and a glow plate led cover, thanks to all you on here. I guess I can tell my ole lady it's all your faults...LOL. I posted pictures in the gallery of lowered bike and also on photobucket under AFJack but I still can't figure out how to post them on here. You'd think someone who has worked Avionics electronics on the baddest Air to Air Fighter in the world (F-15 Eagle) for 19 years, could figure out how to operate one of these #(#$) things. Fixing and operating are two different ball games.

"Don't take life too seriously, no one survives it!"
Jack

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when you put your pic on photobucket under it there are 4 differnt boxes one of them has direct link beside it, you highlight that then right click and copy then come her post reply say what you wanna say then skip a couple lines and then right click and paste after you post it will become a link to your pics ;D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the driver pegs have interchagable nippiles hanging off of them them if your not dragging them your not leanig it over too far! i was also told that they fixed all of the problems with pipe fitment(the pipes not wanting to seal) guess they didnt. ???

·
Registered
148 Posts
I received a phone call from Doug Morton, owner of Mortons Custom Cycles, this afternoon. After talking with him for 30 min we came to a very agreeable solution to my pipe grinding problem. Once I explained that I'm an aggressive rider and my safety concerns on possibly being pogo-ed and going down because of the pipes, he has agreed to make me a new set of pipes with more of a slash cut to replace the ones I have now. I was told I would receive them in the next 2-3 weeks with prepaid return shipping to send back the ones I now have.

They have expressed a big desire to get feedback, good or bad, from anyone who has purchased any of their products in order to refine and better their products.

Also, if you have a wish list of parts you would like to see for the Raider, call or email them. I was told they have made a set of trees, powder coated black (you Raven guys will probably love these), with a few more degrees of rake. They are also working on a new licence plate bracket, that keeps the stock tail light, turn signal brackets and other parts from wish lists they have already received. So if you have any ideas, let them know.

I'm posting this because I flamed them pretty bad on an earlier post (that has been deleted) a couple of nights ago at about 2am when I was tired and in a foul mood having decided to replace them with something else. It's what prompted the call I received today but in retrospect some of my comments were unwarranted and childish. At this point I would buy from them again and I'm satisfied with the resolution to my problem and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new pipes.

Hang on tight and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nitro you need to read this before you decide to buy or not to buy but its up to you, what you want, its your scooter ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts