MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

On the Vance & Hines FuelPak website they include an air filter called 'THUNDER' in the FuelPak 'Setting Lookup'.

Anyone know what this is?

Cheers, Scooter (Jobe's out to lunch with the 109 boys!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines - THUNDER Air Filter

http://thundermfg.com/store/

I think this is what they are talking about. These guy are awesome. There web site doesn't show anything for the raider
but give them a call. I have called them about my Kawasaki vn1500 and if they can't talk to you they will call you back.
Now that I have the Raider I will be calling them as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Vance & Hines - THUNDER Air Filter

cohen68 said:
http://thundermfg.com/store/

I think this is what they are talking about. These guy are awesome. There web site doesn't show anything for the raider
but give them a call. I have called them about my Kawasaki vn1500 and if they can't talk to you they will call you back.
Now that I have the Raider I will be calling them as well.
Thanks...I've not called them yet, but I did get these details from their website for the Roadliner:

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=229

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=239

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/downloads/dyno/roadliner.gif

I guess these may apply to the Raider too?

Cheers, Scooter (Jobe's out to lunch with the 109 boys!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines - THUNDER Air Filter

some guy at thunder e mailed and said to watch for thunder mid june/late june!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines - THUNDER Air Filter

Thunder mfg for the strat or roadliner will work that is what i am running on my bike. Runs great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Vance & Hines - THUNDER Air Filter

Sleepercell said:
Thunder mfg for the strat or roadliner will work that is what i am running on my bike. Runs great
With stock exhaust?
Any EFi module?
Do you have the 'Decorative Kit' too?


Cheers, Scooter (Jobe's out to lunch with the 109 boys!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter

Message from Thunder mfg:

"Scooter,
The 70101 Airkit will fit however the decorative kit will not. We are
looking into making a new decorative kit for release at a later date.
Travis"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter (Thunder Mfg:Air Intake 70101)

Scoot

I moded my own relcation of the coils using the thunder kit for the air using stock exhaust now but waiting on mortons. Thinking of using performance edge fuel pack as I can connect it to my PC and modify the map to find the right one that I need. also when dynoed the tech can connect it and modify it on the fly. you will also be able to plug future modules in to adjust timing curve. From what I have researched the timing module for the Raider is tuned way back when compared to the roadliners timing curve. Im curious if the module from the roadliner would work in the raider as they are both 113 motors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter (Thunder Mfg:Air Intake 70101)

Sleepercell said:
Scoot

I moded my own relcation of the coils using the thunder kit for the air using stock exhaust now but waiting on mortons. Thinking of using performance edge fuel pack as I can connect it to my PC and modify the map to find the right one that I need. also when dynoed the tech can connect it and modify it on the fly. you will also be able to plug future modules in to adjust timing curve. From what I have researched the timing module for the Raider is tuned way back when compared to the roadliners timing curve. Im curious if the module from the roadliner would work in the raider as they are both 113 motors
Sleepercell, Thanks!

Do you have any photos of the mod?

Also, any links to the Performance Edge fuel pack?

Cheers,

Scooter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter (Thunder Mfg:Air Intake 70101)

This is were the write up is that I did. Still working with a guy that deals with metal to make a braket for everything to mount to.

http://www.raiderperformance.com/maintenance.htm#Clean-up

Sorry I was looking at some performance edge stuff when I was typing this up it is actually the DynoJet power comander :ne_nau: it can be found here. They dont have one listed for the raider but I understand my dealer is using the ones for the strato and roadliner

http://dynojet.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter (Thunder Mfg:Air Intake 70101)

Sleepercell said:
This is were the write up is that I did. Still working with a guy that deals with metal to make a braket for everything to mount to.

http://www.raiderperformance.com/maintenance.htm#Clean-up

Sorry I was looking at some performance edge stuff when I was typing this up it is actually the DynoJet power comander :ne_nau: it can be found here. They dont have one listed for the raider but I understand my dealer is using the ones for the strato and roadliner

http://dynojet.com/
Sleepercell...Thanks,

Scooter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
Re: Vance & Hines (FuelPak site) - THUNDER Air Filter (Thunder Mfg:Air Intake 70

Sleepercell said:
Sorry I was looking at some performance edge stuff when I was typing this up it is actually the DynoJet power comander :ne_nau: it can be found here. They dont have one listed for the raider but I understand my dealer is using the ones for the strato and roadliner

http://dynojet.com/
Quick update - DynoJet has updated their page. PowerCommander III USB for the Raider is Part # 435-411. Like Ryan said, it's the same as the Liners.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top