MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE:

Well... just brought her home a few minutes ago... here's the sheet for you folks - from what I've read - i've seen stock Raiders dyno anywhere from 80-85 horse and 103-110 torque. These are the numbers for the intake mod, swept exhaust and cobra fuel controller. Keep in mind that the swepts are not a performance oriented exhaust. I'm sure a 2-1 (like HK Sideburners) will yield better performance numbers.

Mike at High Performance said he pretty much just needed to smooth the fuel curve using the cobra - took him 11 pulls to get it just right - he tried all sorts of combinations and found the best AFR for the bike... but remember - that's the best AFR for my bike... in my elevation, fuel, etc. The blue numbers and fuel graph is first pull - the red numbers and graph is last pull.

You can see from the minimal horse and torque gains that I had nailed WOT pretty good on my own - it was the low-end that i had issues with. Also... now that the fuel curve is "just right" - no more popping on trailing or in the airbox. She runs good and hard :icon_twisted:

--------------------------------------...:.::..:

Yeppers - my lovely Pandora was just dropped off at a local speed shop to get dyno'd!!!!

I'll post the appropriate settings they tune my bike for the Fi2000R O2 for my setup along with my HP/Torque.

Here's a pic the wife took with her camera phone while following me to pick me up. (dunno why I'm posting this... mebbe because that's her last ride before the dyno, lol)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: She's off to the Dyno!!!!!

You're running the cobra swepts right? I'm curious to see what you get with your setup, keep us posted. :wave: ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts

Sounds like fun power about to happen...I'm interested in the F/A plot as some put the Cobra down but the two I had were fine for me on a couple of bikes.

Gary in Fairbanks

·
Registered
267 Posts

Hey, Ninja. Is your lovely Pandora still at the local speed shop to get dyno'd? What's the result?

VB

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hmmm I know it says the stock raider is 83hp but does anyone have actual proof of this? I know with my meanstreak kawi stated it was 73hp and when I had it dyno'd stock it was actually 63hp.

Just wondering how much of a gain you actually received from the mods. 86hp is awesome though. Do you have the Patrick racing intake mod or just a K&N filter? Honestly I think a 2-1 may get you 2 more hp but not much more.

damn this is a badd azzz bike aint it? :ricky:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NH... according to Yamaha the stock Raider is 83hp and 123tq.

But that is to the flywheel... to the rear wheel is where it counts... but it sounds a lot better to say larger numbers as a selling point, lol.

For bikes like ours - we spend all of our time in low-RPM's - this is where Torque matters most over HP... these are the numbers we want to increase the most.

On sport bikes where you spend your time riding hard from 5k-10k RPM - this is where HP matters.

So for us it's almost useless... it's good for the extra get up and go when you're already doing 80 on the expressway - but you can always kick it down and in the ass to get moving even faster.

These numbers are just with a K&N filter with modded air box - Cobra Swept Exhaust and Cobra's Fi2000R O2 controlling the fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts