MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I reach a certain RPM the engine seems to cut off, is this an electronic governor? Also, I want to remove the front two orange reflectors attached to the calipers. Do the bolts need to be torque down a when reattaching?
:D

·
Registered
826 Posts
The anser to your questions are Yes and Yes, There is a revlimiter on the bike and I have hit it several times. As far as the reflectors I have removed mine and just guessed on the torque when I put the bolts back in. Someone with a service manual should be able to provide the spec for thos bolts.

·
Registered
499 Posts
For what its worth...

When I had my front calipers chromed the dealership ordered new bolts. I was told by the Service Manager that those bolts are only meant to be torqued once.

Could have been a scam... I don't know.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I just used a little blue loc-tite on them and made them snug, they are not going anywhere. I don't know about the once only useage, sounds odd to me if that is true; but what the hell do i know??

·
Registered
373 Posts
When removing those two front reflectors, is a washer required because of the missing reflector bracket?

·
Registered
220 Posts
WaRaider said:
When removing those two front reflectors, is a washer required because of the missing reflector bracket?
I had no issues without a washer. Like eian said - Loctite is your friend. You do enough brake jobs over time you just "know" when enough is enough.

Just use the German tightening method: Gutentight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I love Loctite! Thanks for the post, I was gonna take them off the other day and forgot. And while I was taking them off, the wife comes home. She asks "Why do you always take those off?" and without missing a beat she says "Oh, you have opposing thumbs. Your a tool user and have to change your environment". I don't know where she got that from.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't know either,but it is funny..........Sounds to me like a compliment, not all of us can be tool users. LOL
good stuff

·
Registered
326 Posts
most bolts that have a specific torque like head bolts and such are supposed to only be used once because when you torque them down it actually stretches the reason why they say only use once is because even if use a torque wrench you wont get the proper torque but its only a minuscule amount. that being said i have never herd of anything like that on brakes but you never know. you will be fine reusing the old bolts ;D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Rider101 said:
Once I reach a certain RPM the engine seems to cut off, is this an electronic governor?
By the time you hit the revlimiter both torque and horsepower are past their peak. It takes a little getting used to but shifting a little sooner actually produces better results. These are torque monsters not crotch rockets.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just took my fork reflectors tonight and was able to find washers the same thickness as the mounting bracket. I noticed that the washer that is there looks a hair to small and weak. The whole it goes through looks concaved so I did put washers in.

Hey coyote its better to be a "tool user" than just a plain TOOL. lol

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Holy crap mine came without reflectors,wonder if my brakes are gona fall off. I need a tach to. Used to shifting the ZX-14 at 11 grand.So thank god for rev limitors. Torque,torque,short shift.. :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

·
Registered
373 Posts
desertraider said:
From what I understand blue loctite is only for things that you never want to take apart. Red is the way to go for all other things like the brakes and things.
Actually that is backwards. The blue loctite will come off, whereas the red is a Bi*tch to get off.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep Yep what WARaider said. Blue is listed as medium strength or service removeable!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.