MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You know guys, I spend about an hour every day on this site. I would like to thank you all for the straight shooter information, and the entertainment.
Keep it coming.
Bill :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
chees, guess I gotta give my OPINION here too..

1) Time to take out the EPA :twisted:

2) Whenever I say a bike is ugly or nice, it is MY opinion only. In MY opinion, even if a bike gets all kinds of awards, it can still be UGLY as heck. This is not fact, merely MY opinion. Good or bad is based upon one's personal opinion. Take a nice painting and have two people look at it...One would say it is ugly and the other say he likes it. Again, it is all about one's own opinion. Just because many would say it is "NICE" don't make it so.
So if someone comes along and says you are wrong-that bike of painting is awsome! Maybe that person is trying to FORCE the non liker to his way of thinking. This is sorta like the USA forcing democracy on other countries cause it thinks that democracy is the best! Gimme a break. It is all about opinions which are personal to those giving them. This is probably the root cause of all wars!!
Milos 8)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I could see this possibly "jacking up" values of older bikes, but hurting
the manufacture pushing new units. I just wonder how serious they
will become regarding enforcement?? I guess time will tell :cry: :cry: :evil:

Geezer

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Vouch

Steve;

I'll vouch that I have met Dave, and he does own a very stout Boss Hoss. Not the type of ride for me, but he didn't build it for me.

Dave;

I'm rebuilding my Boss myself, both for financial and educational purposes. Took a chunk of 401K to start it. I got 18-20K miles on it the year before I got involved in my medical adventures, and more recently took it apart to install a 2 speed trans with reverse, and will be putting it back with the 355 HP Baby motor. Not your type or style of ride, but I'm NOT building or riding it for or because of you. It's my CHOICE, partially financially dictated and mostly because it's MINE. I'm not asking you to like it or any other scoot other than your own.

I personally try very hard to respect other people and their ride, even if it's a Cushman. I'm very disappointed when someone appears to intentionally and maliciously slam someone else, or their ride or life style to glean a satisfaction I hope I never have from such actions. I do have some physically debilities, a lot of them acquired during Military Service, doing my bit to, for one, help all have the right to free speech. I feel there is a line, however, that goes beyond free speech that's very hard to gain respect back after it's crossed too many times.

I've gained a LOT of friendships on, and from this board (Thanks Lamont), and learned lots of new skills from the sharing and caring of these same folks. I joke and play a lot as well, and if it ever offends anyone, wish to know about it immediately so I can Cease and Desist.

HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re: Vouch

HAWK88 said:
Steve;

I'll vouch that I have met Dave, and he does own a very stout Boss Hoss. Not the type of ride for me, but he didn't build it for me.

Jack,

You're a man of your word, that's good enough for me. Picking up the new trailer tomorrow, I'm putting on some vinyl letters on the rear. See the mock up at www.asigndesign.com/Vets.htm Thanks to you and all of the other vets from all of us. My draft number was over 300 by luck of the draw. We appreciate the great efforts. How's the build? Not losing any wrenches to the yard I hope. Due back in Daytona for July 4/Pepsi 400. Dinner with you and Pam on us?

Steve

·
Registered
614 Posts
None of the EPA regulations apply yet because MRF (Motorcycle Riders Foundation) intervened and this whole reg is now under review. I support the MRF because I feel that they do more for the motorcyclist than any other organization. If you go to their web site you can see how we and small motorcycle businesses can help stop this stupid EPA Regulation. They will also give you the latest information on where this stands.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Vet Sign and MRF

Steve;

Thank you Sir! I'd love for your Lady and Pam to meet. That sign will get lots of horns honked @ you and thumbs-Up from Vets I bet. Thanks!

That new trailer seems big enough to put a couple of bunks and a fridge in. I've lived in smaller and worse, both on and off Base!

Milo;

How do I join that MRF organization? Kind of how I feel about all our elections, if I'm not a member and or don't vote, I can't complain about the outcome.

HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
104 Posts
To all my v8 buddies,
I never imagined that pursuing mmy dream would cause so much disension among a group of people that i have been a part of and shared a common bond with for so long. i have watched people create their own versions of these great bikes for many years and have helped as many as i could. Some of you will not like my bikes and that is understandable, but they are not worth bickering about to the point of losing friends. all i can say is that the more of these v8's that are out there the better for all of us. I will follow my dream regardless and can tell you without any doubt, we will strive every year to build a better v8 with each model year. With a 3 yr warranty and a base price starting at $29,900.00 we will sell bikes and continue to grow if god's willing to keep us healthy. So lets not forget what brought us together to begin with...... our love of the v8 be it a Boss, Kannon, V8 Chopper or a Breedlove.

The Breeze

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Bickering

Tom;

Thanks, well written and point taken.

More "Flavors" will, IMHO, make the rides better and more reliable for all of us. Like you, I love the Boss Hoss and hopefully always will.

The best'est part, as I've stated before, is the community that comes along with the ride, that community being the folks. Not just friends I've encountered along the way, but the Dealers and Manufacturer have always been graceous to me as well.

I Consider myself duley reminded that the passions overflow sometimes.

HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Photo Milo said:
None of the EPA regulations apply yet because MRF (Motorcycle Riders Foundation) intervened and this whole reg is now under review. I support the MRF because I feel that they do more for the motorcyclist than any other organization. If you go to their web site you can see how we and small motorcycle businesses can help stop this stupid EPA Regulation. They will also give you the latest information on where this stands.
Thanks for the information I will have to check that out. I have been confused by what I have read in the past it seems there are still some grey areas in the law. Being intervened is a very good thing.

Shane

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Breedlove said:
To all my v8 buddies,
I never imagined that pursuing mmy dream would cause so much disension among a group of people that i have been a part of and shared a common bond with for so long. i have watched people create their own versions of these great bikes for many years and have helped as many as i could. Some of you will not like my bikes and that is understandable, but they are not worth bickering about to the point of losing friends. all i can say is that the more of these v8's that are out there the better for all of us. I will follow my dream regardless and can tell you without any doubt, we will strive every year to build a better v8 with each model year. With a 3 yr warranty and a base price starting at $29,900.00 we will sell bikes and continue to grow if god's willing to keep us healthy. So lets not forget what brought us together to begin with...... our love of the v8 be it a Boss, Kannon, V8 Chopper or a Breedlove.

The Breeze
Maybe a few people will not like any of your bikes but my opinion is with 3 lines most everyone will like atleast one. Your chopper is not one that I would personaly buy but I do like what I have seen and heard about the conversion you did on Steve's bike. So there is actually a fourth possiblilty of someone liking your work. Even with the chopper not being something I want I would love to see it in person and admire all you have done.

It is easy to get controversy on this board if you are not very careful how you type a comment that could have any negativity in it. With most people not really knowing each others personalities. Not fully explaining what you have written can easily be misread. I think I have offended at least one person if not several with a comment before and did not mean anything personal by it.

Shane

·
Registered
104 Posts
Guys,
With over 700 pages of legal mumbo jumbo and 3 days of meetings with the lawyers and epa officials i think everyone will find out there is a heavy hammer coming soon from the epa.it's not pretty and interpreted in many ways but beware. Very soon all will have to comply. We elected to just do it and be done with it.

The Breeze

·
Registered
526 Posts
Re: Vouch

HAWK88 said:
Steve;

Dave;

I'm rebuilding my Boss myself, both for financial and educational purposes. Took a chunk of 401K to start it. I got 18-20K miles on it the year before I got involved in my medical adventures, and more recently took it apart to install a 2 speed trans with reverse, and will be putting it back with the 355 HP Baby motor. Not your type or style of ride, but I'm NOT building or riding it for or because of you. It's my CHOICE, partially financially dictated and mostly because it's MINE. I'm not asking you to like it or any other scoot other than your own.

I personally try very hard to respect other people and their ride, even if it's a Cushman. I'm very disappointed when someone appears to intentionally and maliciously slam someone else, or their ride or life style to glean a satisfaction I hope I never have from such actions. I do have some physically debilities, a lot of them acquired during Military Service, doing my bit to, for one, help all have the right to free speech. I feel there is a line, however, that goes beyond free speech that's very hard to gain respect back after it's crossed too many times.

I've gained a LOT of friendships on, and from this board (Thanks Lamont), and learned lots of new skills from the sharing and caring of these same folks. I joke and play a lot as well, and if it ever offends anyone, wish to know about it immediately so I can Cease and Desist.

HAWK88
Jack Phillips
You know that I have only respect and admiration for your service to this country and as an air ambulance pilot period. If you will go back and look others started the PERSONAL antagonisms and I responded in kind but at this point it really does not make much difference. I came here initially to learn and did pick up some good information about the new water pump and had one even before the factory started using them as a direct result of information garnered from this people here. Another person here is running the Edlebrock Carb I had Shafiroff work over because I thought it would help him. I am not the horrid person you make me out to be but you are entitled to your opinion God knows you of all people have earned the right to voice it.

All of my spare funds go towards traveling to competitions and the associated equipment right now so the new bike project will just have to wait. Going to go a little different route this time. For the reacord I wish Tom no Ill Will in his quest frankly, I was hoping for something other than what he is offering---my taste may be different than others and maybe I should have kept my opinion to myself in retrospect but it has already been written. Truth is the EPA is going to get all of us in the long term. :twisted:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dave,
The epa is a comin, thats for sure. as for what you were hoping for........ theres still 3 models to come. the pro stret will be more to manys liking and is finished and in production. Rhe cruiser and trike will follow in about 4 mos. the pro stret is my favorute already but im not a chopper guy either. just a good mkt for them.18 sold already. The pro street offers a 360 tire option and mine will have one in myrtle at the launch. it is a very sexy bike,street stompin low and mean. i may post a pic if my partner agrees.

The Breeze

·
Registered
142 Posts
Breedlove said:
Dave,
The epa is a comin, thats for sure. as for what you were hoping for........ theres still 3 models to come. the pro stret will be more to manys liking and is finished and in production. Rhe cruiser and trike will follow in about 4 mos. the pro stret is my favorute already but im not a chopper guy either. just a good mkt for them.18 sold already. The pro street offers a 360 tire option and mine will have one in myrtle at the launch. it is a very sexy bike,street stompin low and mean. i may post a pic if my partner agrees.

The Breeze
I was hoping to get a picture.
Big Joe.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Breedlove said:
Dave,

The Breeze
Please :D

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
There's something to UGLY Milos...

barbarianthemadserb said:
chees, guess I gotta give my OPINION here too..

1) Time to take out the EPA :twisted:

2) Whenever I say a bike is ugly or nice, it is MY opinion only. In MY opinion, even if a bike gets all kinds of awards, it can still be UGLY as heck. This is not fact, merely MY opinion. Good or bad is based upon one's personal opinion. Take a nice painting and have two people look at it...One would say it is ugly and the other say he likes it. Again, it is all about one's own opinion. Just because many would say it is "NICE" don't make it so.
So if someone comes along and says you are wrong-that bike of painting is awsome! Maybe that person is trying to FORCE the non liker to his way of thinking. This is sorta like the USA forcing democracy on other countries cause it thinks that democracy is the best! Gimme a break. It is all about opinions which are personal to those giving them. This is probably the root cause of all wars!!
Milos 8)
Milos...ever slept with an UGLY woman? Some of the best times are had there...they know they have to work harder to keep you happy, where as the beautiful, think they dont have to do sheet...Ugly can be good!
heh heh :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aldo

81 - 100 of 113 Posts