MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ricky: I installed a Brakeaway brand throttle lock on my raider and it fit perfectly. You have to use the extra square aluminum block that comes with the kit to reach the brake lever lock nut but other than that it went on easy. Some of you may not believe in mounting a throttle lock but this one releases instantly by tapping lightly on the front brake lever. This gives your wrist a break on those long rides. Looks good on the bike too! Made of polished aircraft aluminum. $189.00 plus tax.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have used this throttle lock on two differant bikes for the past three years. It is extremely reliable if installed correctly. Take your time and follow the directions step by step and it should go fine. E-mail me if you have any questions. If you change bikes you can migrate this control to your new bike. Read the star magazine review in the news section of the website, it has a great write up. The correct model for the raider is 5cpo2.

Raven

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed reading the posts on the forum thus far. I am from upstate New York near the Utica, NY area. Although I'm a proud owner of a Tommy Blue Raider, I have not taken delivery as yet due to the weather. My Raider is currently in storage; but, I will take delievery within the next 7-10 days. For those of you that may be interested, Americade will be taking place in Lake George, NY between June 2-7. It would be nice to see a good representation of Raiders at this event.
NYRaider

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi NYRaider welcome to this forum. I am from Long Island and chapter 278. Good to hear that you picked the FASTES bike in between Raiders. LOLOLO. Some people here think because they have the black or red they have the fastest bike, but you and I, we both know that is not the case.

Any way, in the last chapter meeting they were talking about that trip. Being this is my 1st bike and all, I have to prove myself to them that I am a safe rider and maybe I tag along with them and see you there... I am Hoping.

Bunch of us are in the chat room every night so pls join us. Thanks to NJ our family is growing.
I brought mine home yesterday after the long wait. It was worth it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Blue, I thought we talked about the fastest ones last night. The Red S is fastest. Quit kidding around you know that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NJ cruisercustomizing.com has the throttlelock on sale for $179.99 that is the cheapest I've seen it.

And as far as what color goes faster we all know that chrome ways more than paint so therefore black is faster than blue and red...end of story.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.