MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My son and I are going on a weeks trip to the badlands/black hills. What's your recomendation to secure the bike during the night at a motel parking lot. Your feedback is as always appreciated.

G

·
I'd get a disc brake lock, and use the steering lock as well.
When my brother and I used to ride years ago, if there wasn't any place to lock to bikes to, we'd lock them together with a big chain through the wheels!
I figured a couple big guys could lift one bike into a truck, but if they're big enough to lift 2 bikes, I'm not gonna try and stop 'em......!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Go to the motel. Take your goodies in with you. Relax and sleep like a baby. With any luck you'll have a small group gathered around your bike like I often have with mine. They are merely admiring the beauty. Take the time to enjoy it and don't worry. If you're busy worrying, your're not enjoying the trip. I have made it a habit to leave my helmet and gloves and other things just sitting there. Karen always asks me if it's OK. I say "I'm not going to worry about it". So far, so good. I don't worry and everything's there when I get back. Honestly, I think I've received more praise and compliments and interest with this bike than any other I've owned.

My thoughts: Relax - don't worry about it. Be nice and friendly and everyone will be friendly back. If you're busy worrying, it will not be as much fun as if you just dump it all and say it is what it is. Maybe I've been lucky, bu so far no one has mess with, touched, taken or disturbed anything. So I say go on your ride, be friendly, make some new friends and don't worry about the bike.

Just my thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts