MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one else installed the new powrpro,, did same my bike runs a lot better and I had the Vance & Hines Fuelpak on mine I had tried with help from VH techs trying different arraignments but I never felt I was getting my monies worth, I was taken it to local drag strip, well I put the Cobra on and I took it out for a spin, first I tried some full on accelerations with speed shifting , man my but meter told me I got my monies worth, it was much smoother and it really pushed me back in my seat a LOT more, then I took it out on freeway, I cruise at 70 first then tried 80 then 90, before I could feel vibrations in some of these, but now is smooth as silk, and finally took it up to 110 still smooth, did not want to chance getting caught from local law so I brought her back down to 70 and took a little 50 mile trip each way,, I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH MY BIKE AGAIN, much more fun to ride, I want to check fuel economy next, and take it to the drag strip and check the actual times, also I took her down to 50 and then did a full on roll to 114mph was smooth and was giving me some G's the cobra unit is making the 1900 feel like a 1900, I can't wait to try the dyno again, the V&H fuel pak gave me a 116 fp torque and 95 HP, they have a Wild Hog rally in West Helena this month I think or may and they have a dyno there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Power pro makes a difference Careful a full power on 1st to 2 nd power shift breaks by Avon 240 loose So I just speed shift there that way just a little wheel spin. I weight over 300 and several of the local HUD boys hate me . My #1 daughter boy friend . Just got a 96 S&S stroker and SS heads & carb Been bragging how he will teach my Raider a lesson . At present Iam recovering from a shoulder operation So he can talk for a couple weeks yet. . Then be smack down time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love it

Power pro makes a difference Careful a full power on 1st to 2 nd power shift breaks by Avon 240 loose So I just speed shift there that way just a little wheel spin. I weight over 300 and several of the local HUD boys hate me . My #1 daughter boy friend . Just got a 96 S&S stroker and SS heads & carb Been bragging how he will teach my Raider a lesson . At present Iam recovering from a shoulder operation So he can talk for a couple weeks yet. . Then be smack down time.
I got the same problem , I also am over 300 but the torque is so alsom it does not seem to matter

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have anything to compare against as my bike had the PowerPro on it when I bought it along with V&H 2x2's and a K&N filter. Runs excellent and I have been getting between 38 and 39 MPG and I ride it like I stole it.
Only negitive is when I put her away the garage smells like unburnt fuel pretty bad, but I can live with that for the performance. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cobra FI2000 Powerpro problem!

Thought I would share my experience with the Cobra FI2000 Powerpro tuner; have a brand new 2012 Raider, bought brand new Cobra Dragters & FI2000 Powerpro. I had professional shop install (the guy is an engine guru and even consulted with the developer on this and other fuel controller brand products!). Results: terrible backfiring! Called the shop who told me he hated the Cobra product and didn't want me using it and for me to call Cobra and complain. I called Cobra who are are quick to blame "installation" for the problem. I got the two parties on a conference call where my tech really put the Cobra rep. in his place! Cobra admits that there is an issue and that the FI2000 Powerpro cannot always deliver the fuel that is needed. As a matter of fact, ready for this....Cobra has now made it possible to "adjust" this unit to help make it work. That's right, "adjust" the unit that you paid more than double for so you wouldn't have to adjust anything! So, since I can't get a refund because Cobra won't say the product is "defective", I now have to pay my tech. guy again to modify other components to get rid of my backfiring. He's talking about installing a different system or something. Very costly learning experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought I would share my experience with the Cobra FI2000 Powerpro tuner; have a brand new 2012 Raider, bought brand new Cobra Dragters & FI2000 Powerpro. I had professional shop install (the guy is an engine guru and even consulted with the developer on this and other fuel controller brand products!). Results: terrible backfiring! Called the shop who told me he hated the Cobra product and didn't want me using it and for me to call Cobra and complain. I called Cobra who are are quick to blame "installation" for the problem. I got the two parties on a conference call where my tech really put the Cobra rep. in his place! Cobra admits that there is an issue and that the FI2000 Powerpro cannot always deliver the fuel that is needed. As a matter of fact, ready for this....Cobra has now made it possible to "adjust" this unit to help make it work. That's right, "adjust" the unit that you paid more than double for so you wouldn't have to adjust anything! So, since I can't get a refund because Cobra won't say the product is "defective", I now have to pay my tech. guy again to modify other components to get rid of my backfiring. He's talking about installing a different system or something. Very costly learning experience.
Thanks for the post, you just saved me some money. My bike with the Freedom Performance sharp Curve Radius and Brains air box mod runs great with only an occasional mini backfire/crackle if I snap the throttle and let it off quick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Opinion based on lots of research on multiple boards n multiple bikes

Thanks for the post, you just saved me some money.
I would like to give you a moment of pause here....
I have been researching this powerpro as i always do before spending my hard earned cash. This post by "imichaelw" is one of the VERY few complaints i've heard or seen regarding a negative review of this product. That in no way means the guy was unsatisfied, certainly not downplaying his complaints and i'm sure they are real. There is always a few guys unhappy with a new product. I am not a dealer or in any way associated with Cobra, just an average guy who owns a Raider SCL. I'd say the overwelming consensus is that this is a great new product that most buyers would be happy with. With that said, I intend to order mine next week in anticipation of a set of V&H 2 into 1's i want. If there were as many negative posts regarding this powerpro as there are positive ones then i'd have to agree with the majority and look elsewhere...but there isnt. Just my 2 cents for what its worth :biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cobra Powerpro

imichaelw here about the Cobra Powerpro again; listen, I too did a lot of research and choose the Cobra Powerpro based on positive user reviews (honestly the product is fairly new so there's not a long history to go by). It seems that for many users or even most users there may not be a problem. I guess with no new pipes people like the Cobra product and feel it helps. With new pipes many people also feel it works. But if you're like me with new pipes and replacement baffles for example it's limitations prevent it from working adequately. A very long call with Cobra revealed that the product may not always provide enough fuel for your needs. This is from the mouth of the Cobra rep., not from me or a third party. In addition, the rep. informed me that the product can be "adjusted" to your needs. In other words, it may do nothing more than the cheaper version. Actually, the cheaper version is designed to be adjusted for your needs and because of that would perform better. My tech. says that if he were able to adjust this Powerpro like the cheaper version then he could make the backfiring stop. There you have it. I have not solved my problem yet so I will certainly keep you guys posted so you have all the knowledge to make wise purchases for your bikes. We all love our Raiders!

·
Registered
176 Posts
All of these bikes have some back firing . With stock system not really heard . The Cobra got rid of 99% of mine. I still get a pop or 2 now and then . I don't think any one has got a 100% . Listen to some of these new hot street cars with a aftermarket exhaust .You will hear it their also. I think the ECU and FI causes a lot of this Didn't have with carbs and points.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to agree with Michael T. I noticed the pop even with the factory pipes on. Just that now with the Freedom Performance pipes there is not a muffler to cover it up. I do not yet have a power pro but that is a future mod. 40 - 43 MPG.

·
Registered
176 Posts
As I understand the adjustment on the newer cobra pro is idle only. Has no effect on any thing else. Bill L ran the Cobra on his built 120 CI motor and he never had any problems with it. Looking for more performance and trying to get rid of some popping. He switched to a power pro unit and lost HP on the dyno . I think he has went back to a Cobra. I don't think their is any mod you can do to the Raider Big bore kit,, cams head work. that cobra can't handle If you ad a supercharger or a turbo then may be might want to look at power pro .
Please keep in mind these are cruiser bikes with very limited RPM range Also very small aftermarket speed equipment market. You will never out run the Ninja's ,Hayabusa or other sport bikes 2 different worlds of bikes. Just enjoy slapping down the Harleys their the most fun . Even better when you do it on a pure stock bike . I really enjoyed putting my daughter's boy friend HD with near $3000 worth of S&S mods. In the I see you in my mirror club. Both him and my daughter had told the family He would eat the Raider, Like wasn't their. Was other way around drag, or hi gear roll on, any way he wanted to try . He was in my rear view mirror very quickly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
" I really enjoyed putting my daughter's boy friend HD with near $3000 worth of S&S mods. In the I see you in my mirror club. Both him and my daughter had told the family He would eat the Raider, Like wasn't their. Was other way around drag, or hi gear roll on, any way he wanted to try . He was in my rear view mirror very quickly. "

Only trouble has been his friends heard about how I whipped up on him and now They won't come out and play.

I keep track of my milage and wit my normal riding Iam getting 42-43 MPG . If I ride like a little old lady driving to church Ive got 45 Hot rodding drops off to 39-40 range. I have also noticed what brand of gas makes a difference Lets just say the better known national brands run best and better milage .

I an running the star /raider drag pipes Cobra power pro Was a early buyer of BAM and now added a K&N filter. ( Not sure filter is all cracked up to be ) I ran a BMC on my Busa .

Remember these bikes come leaned out from factory. Thanks to E Gore and save the world from over heating and treehuggers . The tuner does richen them somewhat and that what helps. But they control in a way we could never do with carbs and jets over entire range

Just remember the Raider has a very limited RPM range and we can only pull so much HP and TQ The HD boys with big bucks to spend will out power us every time. Of course they will have about the same amount of $$$ in motor as we have in our entire bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts