MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the looks of our Raider Owners & Members Directory, TEXANS know a "GREAT" bike when they see one.
:beer2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
cue the well deserved chest thumping Lone Star pride..............

Rode down to one of our regular weekend bike hotspots and as I pull up to park, amid all the Harleys and scattered crotch rockets, there sits someones Red Raider. As I am walking in, he leans over, grinning, and asks "How do you like that Raider S?" The smile on my face answered his question long before the words came out of my mouth..............

·
Registered
499 Posts
Jocal...

I'm up in Humble... we should get together, maybe see who else we can grab from this site.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mr. T said:
Jocal...

I'm up in Humble... we should get together, maybe see who else we can grab from this site.
Based on the directory listing, there are at least 4 of us in the greater Houston area. A group Raid would be cool

·
Registered
499 Posts
Jocal said:
john said:
Anyone know why it's so darn windy almost all the time in Texas?
Because all of the surrounding states BLOW.............

:Jack:
That's partially true.... only some of them do.... the other ones... suck... :icon10: :Jack:

Just kidding... so let's not get hostile.

·
Registered
80 Posts
All in fun, folks :naughty:
I have been throuhg most of those blowin' states and each of them has their own unique charm that I am sure the natives are fiercely, and rightly, proud of, just as I am proud of the (former) Republic of Texas. Not having been born here, I adhere to the bumper sticker philosophy of "American by birth, Texan by the Grace of God".

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
john said:
Anyone know why it's so darn windy almost all the time in Texas?
I seen this ? and thought to myself....hmmm what an odd ?, their setting this up for a pretty good answer, then poof there it was :icon10: thats a Texas thing right? anyway it don't matter ,it was funny, especially since i live in Pa. :rayof:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Back in February I was told by a dealer in central Illinois that he had a guy drive up from Texas to trailer
a Raider back, couldn't find one down there around Houston.
Can't say myself but this dealer then mentioned that he was not going to discount at all and that in fact some dealers where going $1,000.00 over list. I told him to keep his Raider and I'll go elsewhere which I did and got it for $1,000.00 under list and all my accessories for 15% off list plus my first service for $60.00!
Not bad I'd say.
It's not a Harley but for me it's better. Not comparing just what I wanted. And I did ride a new Nighster and chose the Raider of it. I guess I'm too spoiled, my Jap bikes are way too smooth a ride.
Just me I guess.
:wave:

·
Registered
826 Posts
And all this time I thought that Reno was the windiest place on earth. I was there for a month and I don't think it was ever lower than 25! Its sucked.........................or wait I guess it blew!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Joeraider01 said:
Here in Santa Fe,TX. with a Raven Raider and i met a guy from Pearland with a red Raider last week.
I have seen that red Raider around town, but always while in my truck. So far, it looks like I may be one of the few Blue Raider owners in the area - haven't seen any others yet.

Looks like there are at least 3 of us around the Alvin/Clear Lake area, plus the mystery red Raider guy........

·
Registered
499 Posts
Humble... Got a red 'S' myself. There was a blue one at the dealership that is now gone... so he/she is out there somewhere.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mr. T said:
Humble... Got a red 'S' myself. There was a blue one at the dealership that is now gone... so he/she is out there somewhere.
I knew there were a couple of you guys out on the north side of town. Which dealer did you buy from?

·
Registered
499 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts