MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.I have a question for those that have removed the chrome strips on the gas tank.Iam assuming they are just stuck on with that double sided automotive trim tape. I have taken off many stickers and things like this but would you let me know if there are any screws clips or other secrets behind them. They don't flow to well with the paint Iam thinking about. Thanks Jack :icon_wink: :icon_razz:

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Should someone be concerned whether the tank is empty or not????

GC

·
Registered
826 Posts
You won't get the tank hot enough to matter wheter or not there is fuel in the tank> One tip from the other thread was to use dental floss or fishing line to remove them after you have heated them up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It took me about 1/2 hour to get em off. The hair dryer/dental floss approach worked well. You just got to be patient and heat them up well enough. Then they'll come off easy. Just don't use any thinner or gunk remover. It looks a whole lot better without them. Absolutely worth it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And I thank you guys very much. I have the stuff that the body shops use to take off stripes on cars but doesn't harm the paint. Glad to hear theres no mechanical attachment. And I wont use the torch. TEHE :icon_wink: :icon_razz: :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts