MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to lower my passenger pegs. I installed Cobra Dragsters in hopes of being able to flip the peg mount. The pipes are a little too high. I'm looking for a solution without having to spend a bunch of money on Kuryakin pegs, adapters and relocation mounts. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just came in from a the garage where I attempted to flip my passenger pegs to lower them also. Wife complains that on longer trips they are going to be way too high. With the drag pipes on there is sure a lot of room to lower them a couple of inches. I'm ordering passenger floorboards this week and hoping that they will mount slightly lower.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have completed a semi permanent solution. I flipped the passenger peg on the left side. On the right side, I elongated the two holes that held the stock exhaust bracket. I turned the mounting peg bracket in order to use these two holes to mount to the frame. I will trim off the excess parts of the bracket and paint black. The positioning is much better but the right peg now folds up and forward instead of back.
For a permanent solution, I'm looking for a set of folding pegs with a threaded stud that will screw directly into the frame where the factory peg mount goes. This would put the pegs lower than stock but higher than what I have now. It would look much better and should be good solution. This would also give the passenger more clearance from the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am working on a bracket for both sides,seems there are several of us that would like the other half along once in while.will post what i have when sure they are right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts