MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who all is heading to Sturgis this year? I will be riding North to Omaha Ne where I will crash with some friends (Jeff and Deb) who will be picking up the ride from there. We might cross into Iowa and head North into South Dakota before picking up I-90. Another route, through Nebraska may be used.

My friends in Omaha have okayed a few people crashing at their place if need be.

Looking for others in Texas or alonghte route that wish to join the ride.

Specific dates are not yet available, however, probably arrive at Sturgis on Sunday or Monday and make camp. Jeff and Deb need to be back in Omaha on the 7th due to her son's wedding on the 8th.

PM me if you are interested in hooking up on the ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be there. We are camping at the Bulldog campgrounds. My friends band is playing there a couple nights. I think the rate for tent camping is $100 for the week. Maybe I will see you there. I know I will be looking for all the other Raiders I can find.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I always hit Sturgis because its only about 30 miles from my front door. I used to live there in the early to mid 90's when I was the GM of the Buffalo Chip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Enjoy your ride through Big 12 country. I won't be going to Sturgis this year, but to Billings for the Star Days thing.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy your ride through Big 12 country. I won't be going to Sturgis this year, but to Billings for the Star Days thing.
e

I lived in Omaha from age 6 through 21... don't get up that way often, but once in a while to see family or friends that haven't immigrated to Texas... yet.

Have fun at Star Days...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Man you guys should call ahead to Ft. Welikit in Custer, SD to reserve a tee-pee for $25 a day. They're 18 ' tall, 16' around and have elevated hardward floors with rugs inside. The bathrooms are like a hotel's and you'll have quiet every night to get some well deserved sleep [unlike The Buffalo Chip and Glen Coe campgrounds] And you gotta ride Iron Mountain Road, also near Custer to see what Deal's Gap doesn't have! Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse and The Wildlife Game Preserve is all close to Custer too, and you'll see big herds of buffalo up close, 'real close' at times, close enough to touch while your still on your bikes. Custer is 70 beautiful miles from downtown Sturgis [thru Deadwood] and we loved staying there! You can see all of Sturgis in a day, but the really impressive stuff is outside the city limits where the traffic is less and the sights are better. Get there a week early and you'll be better off too. All prices go way up on the first day of the event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts