MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my 2002 V-Star Custom I found a web page that let me modify my stock seat into a better looking and more comfortable seat and the cost has basically nothing.

The site showed you how to remove the seat and cover, shave the inside foam using a carving knife and then reattaching the cover with a heavy duty stapler. (The staples were like the ones you see on shipping boxes) My seat turned out great.

I’ve searched this site but haven’t found anything like this about modifying the Raider stock seat. Does anyone know of anything like this with the Raider seat?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey RickS Do a search for Busajack. He removed the cover, and shaved down the foam with a carving knife. Looks great, and it no longer sticks out on the sides. I have a hollywood solo, and love it. I bought it over a year ago, and it improved my comfort level 100%. I see now there are more aftermarket seats available. Good luck with your mod.---post pics. when done.---------jackr. :beer2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jackr I'll do just that.

Your seat by the way looks great. I love that style but for now I'm going the the inexpensive route.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts