MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys that have removed the Stock exhaust, how extensive is it to do. Looks pretty cut and dry to me, but I would just like to be sure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
fairly simple, before you start unbolting it remove the heat shield thats about in the middle of the pipes that way you can unscrew the 02 sensor and then pull the cables off the exup system(dont unplug) after that just unbolt it from the head then drop the mounts and your done ;D

·
Registered
826 Posts
just a word of warning they are suprisingly heavy so be careful when you get ready to drop them so you don't scratch anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like there will be some left over cables hanging around. What did you do to clean up the left over cables? Zip tie them to the frame?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Crush gaskets are single use, you should always replace them to assure a good seal.

Yamaha part number is 3EG-14613-00-00. I know AO used some from AutoZone which fit just as well and were a lot cheaper, and more readily available.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i went the autozone way too. I reused the stockers and they didn't seem to leak but I picked up new ones anyway they were only like $2 so it was well worth it

·
Registered
326 Posts
part #85003 and there only like a dollar and some changea piece, but i did reuse the stock gaskets and the rear did fine but the front didnt thats just because the pipes. i had to stack a couple to get it to seal

·
Registered
326 Posts
oh and the exup cables come off the exhaust and then you can take them off the silniod, they are just like bycicle brake cables

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just looking at my pipes. you know getting prepared for the big switch. Is that an allen screw holding the rear pipe on or some specialty wrench? I see the front one is regular bolts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To Waraider

At the end of the exhaust their are two allen head screws, that are securing the pipes to the lower support bracket, but these do not need to be removed to take the pipes off. Just remove the two bolts that go into the frame, leaving the bracket attached to the pipes. Taking the 2 allens off is just a lesson in frustration and unnecessary.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
broke1 said:
To Waraider

At the end of the exhaust their are two allen head screws, that are securing the pipes to the lower support bracket, but these do not need to be removed to take the pipes off. Just remove the two bolts that go into the frame, leaving the bracket attached to the pipes. Taking the 2 allens off is just a lesson in frustration and unnecessary.
thanks for the info, But actually I was talking about the part that connects to the motor.

·
Registered
826 Posts
they are just a standard allen wrench, nothing special at all there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eian31 said:
they are just a standard allen wrench, nothing special at all there.
cool Thanks. Pipes are coming off tuesday. new pipes on on wednesday. Would do it tuesday except UPS doesn't get to my place until late in the day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts