MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you guys found is the best way to remove those warning stickers from the fuel tank?

Yes, I know I'm supposed to wear a helmets and goggles, and yes, I know what grade of fuel to feed my baby, now...GET OF MY TANK, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A CUSTOM BIKE! :icon_twisted: :mad:

I've heard leave it out in the sun, and try my wife's hair dryer, but since the gov't is supposed to save us from ourselves, hair dryers don't even blow warm enough to melt butter....

·
Registered
47 Posts
go in your bathroom and grab your wifes hair drier and get that sticker warm and it will peel right off . and if it leaves any sticky spots behind use goo gone . i did this with mine it works great. good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
dose this work on the ones that are on the fake air clearers???:idunno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
dose this work on the ones that are on the fake air clearers???:idunno:
It will work on the fake air cleaners, but do not be impatient like I was; I ended up leaving some very fine scratches (you can't see them unless you are looking for them) in the chrome plating. Patience with the hairdyer and they will all come off. Also, if you are taking the tank emblems off, use a length of fishing line to pry them off then the hairdyer/goo-gone trick. Once I got all mine off I went back with some non bleach wet wipes to get all the goo-gone residue off. i will say the fake-o covers were the hardest to get off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts