MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Raider for 3 weeks now, after the first week i noticed my speedo wasn't working.
So i took it back to the dealer and he said if it happens again to call him. I took it to another dealer and he ordered me another speedo cluster thats day. It's on backorder for a while. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i havent had any problems either, is just the speedo or the whole gauge cluster(speedo clock fuel odo)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've put 400 miles on so far and my speedo acts fine. Let u know if I start to experience any problems. I'm sure it is a isolated case. Were you messing with any wiring on the bike lately?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they just said they were going to order a new cluster from Japan. the only wiring mods are when the dealer changed my taillight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
No problems to report here.
I've nearly 900 miles on my Raider and rode in the night and in the rain last night.
I finally got to enjoy that lit up speedo.
Has anyone else enjoyed the lighting at night on their speedo's?

I set my speedo for full bright not dim.

Best,
Ken

·
Registered
220 Posts
Same here Nomad - just had her out at night for the first time :D Man I love that blue speedo!

TOPIC:
No issues here with 370 miles on her. I'll keep an eye on her tomorrow on our 150 mile run to see if anything out of the ordinary happens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer finally called and said to bring my bike in for speedo cluster replacement. While i was there i had them put the flamed ISO grips on. He called me back when he was finished said it was done . I asked him if he put the miles back on the odometer. He said no, now i have a brand new Raider. It had almost 1500 miles on it when i brought it in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got 1200 miles on mine, and no problems with speedo.

·
Registered
740 Posts
i've got 300 on my raider and i had the same problem. i just pulled the seat and pushed the connectors in a little more and they clicked. the connector wasnt clicked all the way in, so i pushed it in and kept on riding (happened as i was riding..looked down one second i was going 40..next second 0.)

might've just been a loose connection

·
Registered
164 Posts
Same problem here. I'm taking it in for the 600 mile service in about two weeks, I'll have them check it. Nunan, which connector under the seat did you check?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts