MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my red raider. Love the bike hate the pipes. Need to be loud and obnoxious. I am not sure what pipes to buy. Does anyone have sound clips of their pipes? I had vance and hines on my Volusia and loved them. Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hey Smitty

Welcome to the family! :wave:

I'll let the guys here elaborate further on your question with their personal experiences, but you've got some limited choices now, with more to come as the season progresses, and more manufacturers introduce their pipes
- Drill out your baffles - you can control the volume based on the number and size of the holes you drill. Good if you want some more sound while waiting for more exhaustive ( ;)) choices
- Cobra
- V&H
- HardKrome
- RoadBurner
- Mortons

Got more links and info here: http://raiderperformance.com/aftermarket.htm#Exhaust

Personally, I'm waiting to see what else develops in the aftermarket, I drilled my baffles in the meantime. This bikes introduction caught a lot of manufacturers by surprise, so I think there's more to come. While we're on the topic, check out our petition:

http://raiderperformance.com/vhpetition.htm

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome aboard Smitty. These guys are the Encyclopedia Britannica of bikes when it comes to your Raider

cheers!
Soupie :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to getting the bike louder. Not sure what to do yet. I am looking forward to metting some of you guys. Maybe we could have a little rally somewhere towards the east coast. Well talk to you guys later. have a good one. Any more posts of sound clips would be appreciated. The mortons do sound pretty good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just received my Cobra swepts and should have them installed tonight. As soon as I get a decent recording (and figure out how to post it) I will have it up.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Here are the Cobra Slashdowns. They sound way better in person than my camera captured but you will get the idea.

Just click on the pic for the video

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well I can tell you about a couple of people who don't like them to well.......They are called neighbors!!! LOL :icon_evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have the cobra speedster slashdowns and most of my friends say they sound awesome on Da Raider 113CI W/Its Raw Attitude! They have a nice low rumble until you get on it to let those damn blue hairs know your in their vicinity. Isn't that right Eian, loud pipes save lives? Actually my Softail Deuce had Samson Street Sweepers which were too loud for my taste so maybe I am toning it down some but I have to give the slashdowns a big thumbs up... 8) Just my .02 Sparky Out! :wave:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Here's some sound clips from my Cobra Dragsters. The first one is under moderate accelleration. The second is full throttle at 110 MPH. The third is full throttle accelleration (don't know what happened to the video portion but tthe audio is ok.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hey Mad,they sound just like my dragsters.Your a bad boy speeding like that.I never do that. Thanks again. Jack :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

·
Registered
211 Posts
busajack said:
Hey Mad,they sound just like my dragsters.Your a bad boy speeding like that.I never do that. Thanks again. Jack :icon_wink: :icon_wink:
Sure you don't Jack and I have a tree in the back yard that drops $100 bills and a fountain that spits gold nuggets. lol

Very sweet clips of the pipes nice job Mad. bty tell your lady not to curse when recording ROFL :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
LunchBox said:
Very sweet clips of the pipes nice job Mad. bty tell your lady not to curse when recording ROFL :D
The cursing was my fault. I dropped her off on the side of the road. Unfortunately it was right next to a giant turd and it was attracting giant flies.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Madcruzer said:
LunchBox said:
The cursing was my fault. I dropped her off on the side of the road. Unfortunately it was right next to a giant turd and it was attracting giant flies.

Thanks Mad,now I have to suck beer outta my keyboard.LOL :icon10: :icon10: :D ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.