MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to day me and my wife and a couple of friends went on a short ride around town mainly highway some trusties but right before we pulled up to there house i popped the throttle as i pulled in the clutch and the bike backfire into the air box. i parked and we all talked for about on hour and then me and the wife made a little loop down the avenue and i noticed valve clatter. I'm running premium fuel and i wasn't in to high a gear as bog it down. i don't know if i should be worried or not the bike has just over 100 miles on it now, and this is the first new bike Ive owned. is the 1900 just a noisy motor? the 650 v-star wasn't. i bought the 5 year warranty with the bike so I'm gonna keep riding it just wonder if i should call the dealer or is this normal break in stuff? ???

·
Registered
194 Posts
So what do you think it was. Should I worried about mine that haven't bring it home yet I am keep monitoring this site for any one posting any problem.

Thxs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well we just got back from riding it to get something to eat and it hasent popped anymore and my friend with the warrior said that after his gets warmed up and mostly in stop and go traffic his has a slight valvetrain rattle. but thats the 1700. im thinking of trying to find a straightoliner page and talking with them because is basicly the same motor.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I used to have a Road Star Silverado and the valves always seemed a little noisy to me. I think it's just the nature of the motor. Just for peace of mind, swing by the dealer have have them take a look.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna call them monday they are 2 hours away. my wife never heard it so it wasnt that loud.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Don't sweat it AO. You should definitely call the dealer if you're concerned, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Like Darrel said, it's the nature of these types of motors. Remember also that these are 4 valve/cylinder engines, so there's more going on in the cylinder head than on some other machines. Remember also that this is a pushrod motor as opposed to the v-star, which is an OHC, 2-valve head, so the sounds are going to be quite different.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot all of you for your help we just got back from a little over 100 mile ride and it did fine the slight noise is there but i believe its just the normal valve train noise as yall say, and it hasnt poped any more either so no more worries and again thank for yalls help :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts