MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden I have a growling or dry bushing noise might describe it better,on the lower left side of my motor.Sounds like it is coming from behind the cover just ahead of the clutch basket cover.I start it up in Neutral and about 10 to 30 seconds later i hear the wierd noise.If I pull in the clutch lever,in neutral ,no change, and no change if i put it in gear still holding in clutch .Seems to go away under throttle or cruising in gear,but as soon as i stop at a light and sit waiting for a green light I hear it come back.Its like a dry bushing or bearing noise.Not a steady noise,kinda comes and goes fairly regular.Might be a noisy clutch pack discs rubbing noise but pulling the clutch lever in and out makes no differance.Only 11000 trouble free Kilometers.Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a search and found a u-tube video with the same noise and I found the issue.Low beam of the headlight burnt out causing a noisy generator.WIERD EH?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did a search and found a u-tube video with the same noise and I found the issue.Low beam of the headlight burnt out causing a noisy generator.WIERD EH?
Has to do with the load on the charging system....somewhat evident when some install the integrated taillight...glad you figured it out

BTW:: Are you sure it's not the drive belt?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Has to do with the load on the charging system....somewhat evident when some install the integrated taillight...glad you figured it out
Now that you mention it, I had the same a noise like that when I went to the integrated tail light. Cleared up when I had the equalizer (I think that's what it was called.) installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did have this problem before and I did change the head light bulb and it went away, now, same kind of noise, did change the bulb and the problem is still there ?

·
American Legion Rider
39 Posts
Y’all better look into the possibility you Sprag bearing is failing. Sorry but that’s the only thing that makes any sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was suggested that, while the bike is cold, the noise is more evident, possibly once the engine warms up things expand with heat, so, the idea is that maybe a bad ground connection somewhere while cold and then the connection re-establish itself as it expands. Now where would that bad ground connection is? That's the question. I drove for 1/2 hour to get to my mechanic and sure enough once there, not one single time did the noise show up, Damn ! Next morning, start the bike and there it is again with the dimming head light as it happens. It seems to make sense to me as the noise is the same as when my head light bulb burned out. All other light are working properly ...

·
American Legion Rider
39 Posts
Seems there are way too many threads with the same problem. I understand why it would happen if not getting a good reply but you can confuse folks with multiple posts like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts