MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any slip-on exhaust available or in the works for this bike? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
None that I've been able find. Have tried all the major suppliers too!

Seem to me it took about a year and a half with the VTX b4 most of the players came on board, so who knows?

Maybe it'll be different with the raider???

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SS1
I have not been able to locate any either. Seems like a slip-on would work well with this exhaust and be relatively inexpensive as well as easy to install but as you noted it will probably take a while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the exhaust shop in town working on one for me. When I get it done I'll post sound and pictures. Should be next week sometime. Tailpipe assemby will come off and dual 4" side out system will clamp right in place with stock chrome covers. It should rumble and will eliminate the Cat when I want to blow windows out. If I go on a long ride, I can simply put the stockers back on in about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The pipes came out better than I thought they would, but very LOUD with deep rumble. I think I like this better than Cobra swepts. I'll post pictures and sound today after I get the 240 mounted and installed. Now I have the option of going to stock in about 10 minutes or "scare grandma" loud. Definitely have to shift up a gear in town.

·
Registered
168 Posts
AFjack, where are the pics???????

·
Registered
28 Posts

Picture of the homemade slip on exhaust. It took myself and a exhaust shop about an hour and a half to build it and fit it. The bend is a little off the sweep of the stock pipes but it'll work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Jack,
This is the first Mod on stock Raider pipes I like.
You've done us all a favor here.
Please update us if you make changes.
Any chance you could document what you've done so we could duplicate if we want to?
Thanks much,
Ken

·
Registered
538 Posts
So AFJack,
Any chance of a step by step. Do the pipes just come apart at that point where you put the new tips or did it need to be cut. I just took my exhaust off and for the life of me I can't figure out how you did that. Did you still use the rear bracket bolted to the frame? Man am I depressed. I just got the pipes off and scratched the fu_king side cover. Now I got to get a new side cover in red.
thanks for any help you could offer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts