MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
the one i made out of stainless looks just like that. im gonna order the frame with the light this week. do they have it in chrome, and how did you run the wires to hide them so well?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - you can get the frame in chrome as well.

I ran the wiring up under the space behind the passenger peg mount, then right behind the side panel, and back under the fender. The lead for the license light comes out from the tail light assy, which I took off to get at it easier - 4 bolts, no problem. There's actually a sub panel under the fender, so I ran the wire under that to protect it. You could also find the wiring for the light somewhere under the seat and tap into that too, but I didn't want to start hacking away under there (yet ;)).

When I do the integrated tail light mod, I'll post a new page on the site with all the photos of the wiring, including the side mount.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah I ordered some low profile 3 l.e.d. pods that I am going to use as blinkers and cut the rest of that crap off :D!

·
Registered
194 Posts
ao, did you do the fabrication yourself? I was wondering, can you come up with something to cover the front of this bike?
I hate the fact the front is wide open and gets dirty quick. I will see it more, once I ride the dam bike. I pick it up tomorrow.
I would love to cover the front of this bike like on corbin site but not like that I love to make something either in chrome or texture black.
Is it possible...Pls let me know...Thx.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've got to be really careful about covering up the front of the bike - remember that it's an air-cooled motor, and airflow to the front cylinder is a major issue.

The best thing I can recommend is cutting a piece of black plastic or metal mesh/screen to fit between the front downtubes which will offer some protection while maintaining the flow of cool air to the motor.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i finished my rear fender cleanup project i used thes led pods that are made to be accent light on motoercycles so there water proof and all that. i orderd orange and replaced the big chrome blinkers with them. they cost $9.00 off ebay for two and shipping so here are some pics let me know what you guys think

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/steady_waters/100_0304.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/steady_waters/100_0303.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/steady_waters/100_0308.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/steady_waters/100_0307.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the look of those led pods. Are they available locally? That would be an easier set up than waiting on the integrated tail light. Do they come in chrome?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i got mine off ebay they came in in about a week,the guy i orderd mine from didnt have chrome but there are some on there the cheapest i was able to find was $10 a piece

·
Registered
155 Posts
Was just about to order it when I found out that it is not legal in the state of Washington. :mad:
Oh well, have to stick with Mod 1.

Brian

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Brian, how did you find out about the plate?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just recieved my side mount plate from performance edge. Nicely done :wings: Looks very easy to install and can have a LED pod installed to have a light on the plate.

·
Registered
155 Posts
WaRaider,
I called a local licence plate agency, they didn't know so gave me the number to an office in Olympia. That office informed me that it is not legal to side mount the plate. I haven't had a chance to call around some more. I think I'll try a couple biker organizations. It may be a law, but not strickly enforced. I'll let ya know what I find out.

Brian

·
Registered
373 Posts
Brian, you are right. I went to the local police department and they also said it is illegal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
WaRaider,
Did you happen to ask if it is enforced or overlooked? Sometimes little things are overlooked until you screw up big time, then they throw the book at ya....

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
373 Posts
Brian, it was actually kind of funny. The cop I talked to seemed as though he didn't even know motorcycles had side mount plates. He would not commit ot anything other than it is illegal. Like anything else though, a bad day and a cop can and will find anything to get you for. I would think that it would depend on the police in a specific area. Some are more forgiving about mior things that really have no business being illegal anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts