MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from your neighbour north of the border. I (hopefully) will be the proud owner of a new Red Raider S by the middle of June. It's been a very long journey getting one as they're a rare beast in my neck of the woods. I'd like to thank my local dealer, their staff and the Yamaha rep for our area, they've worked hard to make my wish come true. I very much enjoy reading this forum (you guys are great!) and look forward to adding some new toys as per your suggestions to my ride once it arrives.
cheers for N.S. Canada
Soupie :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey buddy....
Welcome aboard... :wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Soupie,What part of NS are you from?I'm from Cape breton myself.Leaving for northern NB tomorrow afternoon to pick up my Black Raider,can't wait.I've had one out at Daytona bike week and I just can't wait to get one on the Cabot Trail.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Soupie,

CONGRATS and WELCOME!!!

I feel ya man, I pick up mine today (Raider S in Tommy Blue) and the day can't go fast enough.... I joined the club yesterday, I'm glad I'm no longer the low man on the totem pole :)

Tony

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome Soupie, A great group of people here with lots of knowledge to soak up. Sit back and enjoy the ride that is the Raider

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep Yep, It is an addiction for sure!! Hope that day in June comes quickly for you, I know I love mine, and you will too.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats bro,

I am trying to talk the wife into a ride to Nova Scotia this year.. She wants to take the ferry across from Bar Harbor (or as we pronounce here Bah Haba) to NS but that thing is expensive.. I am trying to talk her into riding the whole way up and around then take ferry back to Portland... Hopefully I can get her to do it as I have been looking at those roads up there and man they have to be some of the best in the world, especially for a Motorcycle.

There are still a few Raiders here in eastern NH so if you know anyone else up there looking point them this way.

Congrats again and ride safe

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Soupie and congrats. All of us who already have some milage on our Raider know how much you will enjoy this bike. It kinda makes every day like Christmas all over. Especially every time a new accessory arrives in the mail. I guess June must seem like a hundred years from now. Well, once it's yours you'll know it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi NH,yes I've seen your petition and will join it it.Man that is one sweet bike.I got lots of photos of this bike and other Raiders at Bike week in Daytona,Actually even had the chance to sit on that exact bike(once in a lifetime).My new raven Raider is still in Fort Kent Maine hanging up in the rafters,so I'm told due to the severe flooding in that area,so it looks like I won't be able to get it before next weekend,DANG-IT.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks! Nova Scotia along with all the other Maritime provinces has some pretty twisty pavement. I once heard a trucker state he was sure he saw his own tail lights when he took the turn. It's a great place for bikers who like to lean low into a turn and twist the throttle. I live just outside Halifax on the way to Peggy's Cove and it just happens to be one of those roads...Hurry up June!!!
cheers
Soupie :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts