MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know - I'll be picking up a service manual for the Raider this week when I drop my bike off for its 1st service.

I'll be posting any and all necessary torque specs, etc for the most common mods when possible. I figure it can help us out - so if you're only going to do a few mods - save the 50 bucks on the manual and I'll get you the necessary scans.

I'll also be putting together a "how-to" for pipes, Fi2000R O2 and Air Box mod this week (hopefully) - I decided not to do one for the grips because those are easy so I figured why bother, lol.

I'll post again when I get the book - NJ - I'll make some scans of the important stuff so you can make a sticky on torque specs for stuff like exhaust, wheels, blah blah blah.

Later guys.

·
Registered
326 Posts
thanks ninja ive been thinking of getting one myself but now i dont have to worry bout it cause your so awsome ;D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great job Ninja, Thanks from the gang here on the forum

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GRRRRRRRRRR!

1) They don't have the service manual at the shop or the 2 other closest Yamaha dealers within driving distance of me... *makes sad face*.
2) I'm ordering the book directly from Yamaha online... *makes smiley face*.
3) They said they'd "hopefully" get the bike done by the weekend... *makes indifferent face*.

I have a lot of house-work to do this week so it's no big deal to me... but I'll have to wait until this weekend at the earliest to put my mods on and a few days for that manual to ship *makes sad face again*.

I hate waiting :mad:

But I figure that will make everything that much sweeter when I get to toss it together :D

·
Registered
826 Posts
make a happy face ninja, everyone here likes you! Just picture finished, that should be enough to get you through your house work!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got the service manual, so if anybody needs info, I will be happy to help.

Also, there are pdf versions of the RoadLiner/Stratoliner available for download on the www. The Liner manual is mostly accurate, especially dealing with torque specs.

Biggest difference in the manuals that I have found is the wiring diagram.

fisher

·
Registered
78 Posts
Raider113
I was wondering is there is a torque setting for the bolts in the rear fender strut.
I getting my backrest in the next day or so and like to use torque setting when I
can found out working on my sons motorcross bike using the settings make like easier.
I wanted to get a Service manual probably order one here soon. But in the mean time
if there are settings for the strut bolts I would appreciate that.
Thanks
Liv2Ryd
Chuck

·
Registered
219 Posts
Chuck,

Looks like those bolts are spec'd at 17 ft-lb.

Also, there is a general guide by bolt size. Looks like you would be low if you followed them. Probably only use these if they do not specify a setting for a particular bolt.

6mm - 4.3 ft-lb
8mm - 11 ft-lb
10mm - 22 ft-lb
12mm - 40 ft-lb
14mm - 61 ft-lb

Which backrest are you installing?

fisher

RaiderRyder said:
Raider113
I was wondering is there is a torque setting for the bolts in the rear fender strut.
I getting my backrest in the next day or so and like to use torque setting when I
can found out working on my sons motorcross bike using the settings make like easier.
I wanted to get a Service manual probably order one here soon. But in the mean time
if there are settings for the strut bolts I would appreciate that.
Thanks
Liv2Ryd
Chuck

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Star Raider removable one. Like the one on gc_Raider's bike .
The mount has been here, had to order the higher backrest dealer had the lower on stock.
But I want to put a bag on for trips I felt the higher would work better.
Hey thanks for the settings didn't want to crush or mess-up the struts.

Liv2Ryd

Thanks again
Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts