MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
the dealer i got mine from had the black raider as a demo with the yamaha drag pipes and and the one piece seat that yamaha offers i personally didnt like it the passenger seat was way to high

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've got the Corbin Dual Tour on order. The Dual Tour will move me a little closer towards the bars/pegs, and about an 1" lower as well. On request, Corbin will do a "nose job" - basically they modify the front of the seat to allow an easier reach to the ground when you're stopped. Also like the seat because it accepts the Corbin back rest, which you can attach and take off with no additional brackets. Had one on our Mean Streak and it was perfect. I'll post here and on the site when it comes in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ended up getting the Dual Comfort Touring seat from Yamaha. :icon_razz: I am really impresses with the quality of the seat. My passenger even says that it is really comfortable for her. The back comes up a little higher for the rider and it helps support the back(which I need). Just waiting for the quick release back rest to come in with the tall support and the cushion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm curious how one gets a passenger larger than a 10 year old on the back? That seat looks to be more for show than go. And the pegs appear from my perspective to be only accessable to a contortionist. ???
Personally I bought the bike as a solo ride, but when my wife first laid eyes on it she didn't have many good words to say about the seating at all. :cus:

Thankfully we've got an 06 Wing when she wants to tag along so no worries there. ;D

·
Registered
326 Posts
my wife has no problem with exception that i havent gotten her a sissy bar yet we made around a 250 mile trip yesterday with no complants except that when i gassed it or hit a good bump she felt like she was ganna fall off

·
Registered
326 Posts
i havent seen it in a while but a couple years ago i think corbon came out with a back seat that had a flip up back rest with fiberglass on the back that you could paint to match the bike. with out a passenger it laid down and looked pretty sweet from the pics id seen, anyone heard of anything like that i think it would look good on a raider

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Corbin Dual Tour will be arriving tomorrow (allegedly). I'll be posting info as soon as it comes in.

The flip up passenger seat is not yet available for the Raider, but the Dual Tour has a removable passenger backrest that you can attach and take off without tools.

UPDATE - seat arrived today - installed in a couple of minutes, more comfortable than stock. Quality is very high, typical Corbin. I'll have a complete review and pics this weekend

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just looking on the Corbin web site and that chin-spoiler they have for the raider looks sharp and the hard saddlebags don'tlook too bad either yikes01 :eekers: yikes01 :eekers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thought I might be able to get by by just removing the passenger seat. No luck, shape of the drivers seat just doesn't look right with the rear removed. Besides Yamaha did such a great job protecting the back fender from scratches with all the transparent mylar overlays, just not ready to peel them all off until something appropriate comes along.

Soooooooo ...... waiting to see what surfaces & get riders comments.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just got back from going down to Panama Beach from Columbus, GA and wow the seat is a hard for that long of a ride. Definetly looking in to getting a new one. That Corbin looks nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts