MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I have several questions,
#1 is there a quick release passenger pillon made for the Raider. I really like the looks of the Raider with just the Solo seat and thats the way I ride 80% of the time but sometimes the ol lady wants to go too. Therefore I have to leave it there.

#2 If there is no quick detachable version is there a all in one seat theat will attach to the stock locations without having to be attached to the rear fender? If there is I could get that seat and also a solo seat and just interchange them when needed.

#3 If niether of these are the case can you all recommend anything for me to look into? You thoughts and ideas are appreciated, thanks to all those that post in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
As you know the challenge here is that the pillion is held at two attachment points - the loop towards the back, and then the metal plate at the front into which two bolts get attached - hardly a quick release situation.

The best way to have two-up seating and the solo option is a one-piece two-up seat that removes easily so that you can attach the stock solo seat in a couple of minutes. When using this type of seat, you still need to retain the metal loop on the fender, but you can remove the bolt plate because the pillion is attached to the rider position.

The Corbin Dual Tour seat that we used this way - it's a single-piece system that attaches to the bike using only the rear loop and the stock key-lock point at the front. The seat removes in less than a minute to allow me to connect the stock solo seat just as easily. The other advantage is that is accepts Corbins back rest, which is also removeable.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hey NJRaider,

How much does the Corbin push you forward? On their site it looks like quite a bit but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
About 1" forward and also about 1" lower. The pictures are a little deceiving. The other major difference is the seating area is a lot flatter, so it's easier to find a good position, and provides decent back support.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i was looking threw my j&p catolog the other day and they have passenger seats that have sucksion cups under it to hold it on, i would recomend the quick disconnect sissybar if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am trying to get my better half to learn to ride. she will ride my V* 1100 and I will put the solo seat on the Raider. I really like the loks of the bike with that seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts