MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:beer3: I just got off the phone with SAMSON, they have been doing mock ups for the RAIDER. From what their reps said, they will have an entire line up of pipes coming out in a few months. So, if you are like me and a bit undecided on what exhaust you want.... hold out a bit longer.
After hearing what ao went through with his pipes, and the fact that there is only a couple choices out there. I'm think I'm gonna hold out to see what SAMSON has. I sure would like to get the Street Sweepers for this beast. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Samson pipes do look cool but I have a set on my V-Star 1100 and they blued in the first 200 miles. The carb had already been rejetted for the previous Cobra slip-ons so I don't know why the blueing. Also, they are extemely loud...I have to wear ear plugs when I ride it...no baffles in the Ripsaws that I have. Anyway, my wife rides that bike now as I traded hers in for the Raider. Now I'm trying to figure out what pipes I'll get for it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i haved a couple a sets of pipes blue on my v-star, it had been rejetted and all also, i honestly dont believe that story if your bikes tuned right it wont blue the pipes, i think it has more to do with the heat. the only pipes i ve ever seen not blue were double walled.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
VtwinWS6 said:
Samson pipes do look cool but I have a set on my V-Star 1100 and they blued in the first 200 miles. The carb had already been rejetted for the previous Cobra slip-ons so I don't know why the blueing. Also, they are extemely loud...I have to wear ear plugs when I ride it...no baffles in the Ripsaws that I have. Anyway, my wife rides that bike now as I traded hers in for the Raider. Now I'm trying to figure out what pipes I'll get for it.
Hey Jeff :wave:

Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts