MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of folks dont want bags on the Raider. Since I will do multi day rides, I need them.

So it is Easy Brackets and Desperado's from Leatherneck Jims.

I'll get some better photos outside, but rain and snow are in the forecast for tomorrow...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not much into saddle bags myself... but, "if" I do it will definitely be done with the easy brackets.

How's the mechanism(attaching/locking)? Is it pretty solid?

G

·
Okay, you've got the red S model (me too) now you need to get the wheels chromed!!!

NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHROME!!!!!

Those are nice bags. Kinda like the quick disconnect windshields. Put them on when you need them!
Question, do you think those would have fit with the bigger stock pipes, instead of the Cobra swepts?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T,

Here is what the hardware on the fender stay looks like when brackets and bags are gone.

I ran easy brackets on a previous bike, no problems, solid. On or Off the bike in less than a minute.

fisher

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I mounted those bags as low as I could. Pipes were the factor. The stockers would make you mount them higher for sure.

I'm about an hour south of Denver, would like to see those chrome wheels sometime.

fisher

vintagecar1957 said:
Question, do you think those would have fit with the bigger stock pipes, instead of the Cobra swepts?

G

·
You're in Colorado? Cool! Send your info to NJRaider to put on the Owners and Members page, and send him a good picture for the picture page! I knew I couldn't be the only Raider Rider in Colorado!
I'm in Arvada, just NW of Denver.
I ride to Morrison and up to Evergreen a lot on weekends! One of my favorite rides!

I even like riding straight north to Thunder Mt. Harley in Loveland! It's a nice ride.
They don't care what you ride as long as you ride! It's a very nice place and they always have something going on, on weekends in the Summer!

you can see my wheels here: http://creativegraphx.com/raider/chrome.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice job on the Bags
I need to look into something for longer rides
the mounts look good.
We did bags on my son's FLSTSC and it took a little bit of engineering to get them to work.
A couple trips to the hardware store and we had what we need.

"Chrome is like cleavage too much is not enough."

Liv2Ryd
Chuck

·
Registered
47 Posts
easy brackets

i just installed easy brackets and bags on my raven
the brackets work great but they make the baggs stick off the bike
way too far there like 3 1/2 " off the bike
it looks good from the side but from the back it looks like hell
so im gonna break out the welder and modify the brackets
ill let you guys know how it works out

·
Registered
939 Posts
I am waiting for a Cobra Sissy bar. Does anybody know whether the Easy Brackets will work (fit) with the sissy bar fitted?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw a thread on here once that said the Easy Brackets don't work with the cobra backrest but Ghostbrackets have an option to work with the Cobra backrest. Not sure where the thread went.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, I have not been on the forum for a while.

Regarding the Cobra Sissy Bar, quick answer is NO.

I tried all kinds of spacers and washers, but the Cobra bracket follows the lines of the fender strut which causes a mis alignment of the Easy Bracket Lugs.

Here is a pic, with the bolt not torqued down. See the gap, it closes when you torque it down, but that causes the lugs to be misaligned and the Easy Bracket will not drop in place as it should. The Easy Bracket is installed in this pic.

I did get a sissy bar specific set of bolts and lugs from Easy Bracket, am planning on talking with them again to see if they have any suggestions.

fisher

1 - 13 of 13 Posts