MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my dilemma.

I have the stock Raider bags and need to buy supports for them. I found these on E-bay for $50..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=330234574868&rd=1

The stock supports I may be able to get for $100.

The thing is I am not sure if the e-bay ones will hang below the smallish stock bags or not? I sent a question to the seller asking him the measurements but even when he answers me I am still not sure how long the stock supports are to compare them. If anyone has the stock supports would you please let me know what the measurements are or if anyone knows how I can find this out I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Was going riding but here goes on what I ended up doing...the stock Factory mounts are 5 3/4" deep to clear the mufflers, and of course wide enough to fit the rear fender mounts.

I didn't care for the throw over feature of the Yamaha bags, so I called Saddlemen who makes them for Yamaha and ordered their Docking Post and Fastener kit: http://www.saddlemen.com/S4-Saddlebag/S4-Saddlebag.html

They also make a complete mount and fastener kit, but I already had the Yamaha mount...if their mount isn't too deep it may work as it fits several bikes due to the lower rear hinge that allows the upper mount holes to match a variety of fender bolt spacings.

I drilled two 1" holes in the rear of my saddlebags, installed the supplied rubber grommets in the bad (PIA), and attached the docking posts and quick disconnect twist fasteners through the chrome bag mounts to the rear fender with the supplied hardware.

The inside bottom clips mounted to the bags clip over the lower horizontal mount rail, and the bags are snapped on or off in about 5 sec. for cleaning by using the 1/4 turn fasteners that go on from inside the bag.

Lots of work, but fun.

Gary in Fairbanks

Edit: unless the Saddlemen or ? mounts are 5 3/4-6" deep, I would just use the Yamaha mounts because the Yamaha bags require the mounts to not be vertical...they are bent out at the bottom to make the bags hang straight, as the bags inside face is tapered in at the bottom, and they not would hang vertical on a vertical bag mount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts