MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Most of you know that I dont open my mouth unless I have an idea of what I'm talking about. Well here's my story with roadburner so far, and I'll update as it continues.

Aug 30, 2009 - Sent in an order to Phat Performance Parts for a set of Roadburner 2nto1 Velocity Pro's in the black finish. I received these pipes approx a week later, on or about September 4, 2009. When I opened these pipes (September 5, 2009) I noticed they had blue spotting on them, thinking they were just water stains from shipping or condensation as it was unusually cold that evening, I installed the pipes on my bike. Performance is spot on with these pipes, but after the first ride with the bike I came back to wash it after they had "broken in". Unfortunately, the blue spots that I was concerned about originally were still there. I tried scrubbing it with my sponge and brushes, nothing came off. Pipes were smooth as silk, so it seems to me this is a manufacturer defect. I contacted the guy I bought them from, Tristan over at Phat Performance Parts, and he was great to deal with. Courteous, and truely seemed like he was going out of his way to help. Here's where I first ran into problems with Roadburner's customer service.

Initial contact with Tristan about my problems with these pipes was problably around September 16, 2009. He went through the process of contacting Roadburner, and also gave me the customer service number to contact Roadburner about my problem to see if we could get this problem handled. After about a week and a half, Tristan and I had no luck getting a solid answer from Roadburner about how they were going to fix my problem. I finally contacted Ken over at Roadburner and he said he was going to "refinish" my exhaust pipes. Now to me, that is unacceptable. There was the possibility of my bike being down for 4-6 weeks (which since I ride year round would royally screw me gas wise), and the fact that my now approx 5 week old exhaust pipes would have to be "refurbished" by the manufacturer who has a 90 day guarantee against manufacturer defects. I've gotten so tired of their lack of customer service at Roadburner, that I dont want the company to get my money in anyway. And now I'm trying to get a refund.

So after all this happens, Tristan started to get the ball rolling on trying to return them for a manufacturer defect and just getting a credit atleast with Phat (I wasn't thrilled about this, but it wasn't a horrible idea either.) I eventually got handed over to Tristan's superior, Anthony, who has also been doing a good job at trying to help me out. But now I'm going to have to put my bike down for atleast 1-2 weeks, if not more just for Roadburner to "inspect" them and still possibly send me refinished pipes back. I think its bull, and now I need some ideas on how to get the ball rolling on getting my money back, or atleast a store credit with Phats. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not going to solve your basic problem, but to keep the bike on the road couldn't you put the stock pipes back on while you're waiting for them to "hopefully" solve your problem?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i dont have the muffler section anymore, just head pipes. and leaving at 515 am every morning, i already get plenty of attention with my roadburners and my old drag pipes..the stockers are loud with no baffles.

it would let me ride my bike though while i'm waiting for them to screw me one way or another.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already got rid of them, because i wanted the performance of a 2n1 and the roadburner was something that not a lot of people had but still looked good. i've come to realize why not many people have them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to ask. How did you like the sound of them?

Sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You did make a mistake in the installation. When I installed mine they said to make sure that the pipes were cleaned thoroughly. once the pipes get hot, any marks, prints, or dirt will stay. Kinda like bakin it in.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah i know, didnt think anything of it cuz i just wanted to ride (bike had been down for a week already).

pipes sound good, if i get stuck with them i'm going to take the baffles out and reconfigure them for a little more volume. its got a nice deep tone though, not raspy like my drags were either.

honestly it wasnt the fact the pipes started to blue that pissed me off, i mean it happens and nothing you can really do about it but just ask for some help from the vendor/manufacturer. but, the response i got from roadburner at first both through phatperformance and myself was that of a giant corporation who forgot a customer service department. No one picked up phones or returned emails for close to 2 weeks. when someone finally did, they said they'd call back..but never called. idk, just the whole experience withthem is why i want a credit with phat's. i know i screwed the pooch by puttin them on, but anthony over at phats is kickin some ass for me and gettin it done, so hopefully i'll know today if i'm gunna be able to choose a different set of pipes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, what ever happened with this? Roadburner says they have a 1 year guarantee against blueing, so that alone should have been enough for you to get them swapped for another set. :\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts