MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what you mean box it up and put it off to the side! I called the dealership and they told me to take out and pull the cables out, is this what you mean?

·
Registered
220 Posts
They are part of the old exhaust which you aren't using - at least that's what I figured - I'm gonna hit you up with a PM with my number to give me a call real quick...

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are two cables that make the EXUP work. Remove these cables from the pully on the stock exhaust first. After you drop the stock exhaust, you will remove the two cables from the other pully that is just in front of the rear fender. That is it, put those two cables aside. they are no longer needed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to all...heres the funny thing if i had read further ahead the cobra directions give a pic and explanation of what to do..LOL..well the are on, no baffles..loud...sick as hell yeah baby!!!!! wooohooo

·
Registered
41 Posts
Evil Twin, how did you take out the baffles? I had the pipe on my work table and unscrewed the one and only screws that hold them in, and I tried to knock them out with a long screwdriver,and other things. They just did not want to come out for anything. What's the trick, so I can also blow the windows off the neighbors homes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIG EASY...ok what i did was take a small flat head screw driver and stick it in the hole where the screw was from the outside of the pipe and slowly go in from an angle and pry til it caught in one if the baffle holes-perforations and keep doing this and it slide out slowly but surely. Hope that helps....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info, I got some ideas from others like, hook something from the rear hole and pull them out!
I already have them on the bike and I need to hook up my PC-3 in the next couple of days. I want to run without baffles for sure, that's my goal.

Thanks again, we will talk again.
"Big Easy" Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts