MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
high guys looking for any good tips to help me on removeing the gas tank and installing the BAK if you have any pictures or information to help me i sure would appreciate it. thanks burt

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Little Burt,

Here are a couple more pics that along with Ninja's pics should help you out.

Chrome speedometer bezel removed

Unclip these three connectors from tank along with gas tank breather hose

Remove 2 nuts from tail end of fuel tank

Remove 2 bolts and cover from head end of fuel tank, then 2 more bolts from under the cover

Gently remove tank and secure with straps (I hung mine from garage door railing)

As Ninja said there is no need to remove the fuel tank lines. Sorry, no pics of the BAK
mod, I did the same mod to the air box that Ninja did.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

·
Registered
258 Posts
One thing is make sure you get the rear small crank filter installed so it is straight up and down......if it's leaning over at all, it will blow oil out onto the rear rocker cover and back onto the sidecover. If you'll notice is the pics, mine is not right, I had to take the tank back off and stand that filter up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
boatwrench1 said:
One thing is make sure you get the rear small crank filter installed so it is straight up and down......if it's leaning over at all, it will blow oil out onto the rear rocker cover and back onto the sidecover. If you'll notice is the pics, mine is not right, I had to take the tank back off and stand that filter up.
[ boatwrench thank you for all your advice and pictures for me to get this project done right. burt

·
Registered
538 Posts
sstredwick said:
As Ninja said there is no need to remove the fuel tank lines. Sorry, no pics of the BAK
The way I understood it is that Ninja just released the back two bolts of the tank and then lifted the rear and hung that from the ceiling. I am just putting the K&N filter in with holes in the top of the airbox so is this correct about just raising the rear of the tank and hanging it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
desertraider said:
sstredwick said:
The way I understood it is that Ninja just released the back two bolts of the tank and then lifted the rear and hung that from the ceiling. I am just putting the K&N filter in with holes in the top of the airbox so is this correct about just raising the rear of the tank and hanging it?
Hey Desertraider

You will have to take off the bolts at the head of the tank as well. The fuel lines are attatched at the rear of the tank and won't allow you to lift the rear of the tank very far, as you can see from my last picture. That is as far as the rear could be raised without disconnecting the fuel lines.

hope this helps,

shawn

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just disconnect the lines, and get that tank off the bike and set it out of the way. Why take a chance on it getting, scratched, dinged, dented, falling, ect, hanging it like that. It'll take ya a whole 15 min more.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Low and Mean said:
Would anyone be interested in exposed K&N filters on both sides of the bike?

LM
I would be interested in seeing what it looked like on the raider at least!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I still can't figure out why they put the air filters under the tank. How can that be efficient?
Oh well, mine is not to question why, mine is to ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts