MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any option for a better rear seat than the stock one? Yamaha offers only one if you replace the rider seat, too.
Also, any input regarding the Cobra Sissy Bar? Recommend or not?

Thanks....love my Raider

·
Registered
826 Posts
I was told the passenger comfort cruise seat from yamaha would work with the stock rider seat.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just ordered the Cobra "standard" sissy bar with back rest online for $218 including shipping. HDL didn't have the rack, but I called Cobra & they said the same dealer could order it from them & gave me the part number. HDL quoted me $10 more than the MSRP, so I'm getting the rack from my local shop. I'll post something up on it after they're installed and tested. I guess the main thing is for the wife to be comfortable. Right now (stock), she's not happy with the stock seat and no backrest. What I really wanted to find is a quick detachable complete unit (sissy bar with pad and luggage rack). I'll probably get one of those as soon as they become available but need something for her now. We've got a lot of long rides lined up for the summer and will end up taking the Shadow if she's not comfortable on the Raider.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well, the Backrest and pad arrived today. I think it was a pretty good deal - from directline. Ordered on Friday, arrived on Tuesday & no shipping charges. It took about 15 minutes to attach & then we went for a little test ride. Karen loves it, so as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal. That made her comfortable enough to say - 'now I can feel & like the power and smoothness'. She was smiling.

Cobra makes the same basic unit in what they call standard, short & mini. We went with the standard because I want to add a rack and carry our big bag on the back of the backrest & sitting on the rack like we do on the Shadow. Now I just need to find a deal on the rack. Unfortunately, I haven't found a quick-detachable adapter yet, but......give it time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.