MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I recently set up the rear seat so that it is a quick release type of setup where I used large suction cups in place of the rubber bumpers on the seat. There is another post on it if you are curious. My question is how does the rear fender rack attach, I am assuming from the top of the bike because the nuts are welded to the fender support underneath. Can it be easily removed from the top of the bike in a couple of minutes so that I can put the passenger seat on fro a ride with momma?
Thoughts???

Thanks as always
Eian

·
Registered
148 Posts
Factory tail rack mounts with 4 allen bolts it has 4 spacers to space it off of the fender. It would not be to hard to remove if the spacers were permanant. The spacers are 2 different sizes 2 small for the front and 2 large for the rear they both have a slight taper

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, so if I were to say super glue the spacers to the fender rack you think it would go rather quickly to go from solo to 2 up?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I wouldnt It will still go by quickly with them loose it only took me 5 minutes to install the first time. 2 min just tring to get it to work 30 sec to read the instructions 30 seconds to sort the spacers and 2 minutes to bolt it on right.I took it off to have my wife ride(scared the heck out of me the way she antileans in the corners) and it took me about 5 min each time as you have to unbolt it and then bolt seat mount back on the bike. you it would take less time with the sticky seat.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright well I am convinced thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I only took mine off once to put LED's under it.I dont have to worry about riders cause my girl rides a Warrior :icon_razz:.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for rubbing that one in. I want her to learn to ride but she has absolutley no desire to learn, believe me I have tried.

·
Registered
21 Posts
eian31 said:
Thanks for rubbing that one in. I want her to learn to ride but she has absolutley no desire to learn, believe me I have tried.
Eian, my wife was the same way.... tried for over 5 years to get her to ride (not on the pillon). So last year, right after watching Wild Hogs (movie) I told her I was doing a solo trip ..... 3000 miles in 8 days... When I got home at the dinner table she said that would never happen again.... I thought she was pulling the plug on me going on trips..... She said Oh no, I mean I'll never sit home again with such nice weather..... I want to ride. I bought her a 250 Virago that weekend ( last June) she is now on an 1100 and has over 2000 miles on her butt...... most of that while I'm working!

Give her enough time and I'll bet she comes around..... if not, go on a long trip by yourself! That might do it.

Cliff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Talked to a fabricator about desinging a rear seat and sissy bar that would attach to my rear fender rack. It would consist of a design that would clamp over the rack with a suction cup. Side to side movement would be elimated and back and forth the same way. Have to get back with him and come up- with the 400.00 to 500.00 to get it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts