MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to embark on a MOD for my Raider that I have never done on any bike before.

The Raider has a huge need. It needs handlebars that fit my body and make me want to ride it for hours on end.

I love the bike but need to make my arms longer, or the bars pullback more towards me.

That said, I took the advice of one of our members to buy the Honda VTX 1800 C handlebars from a used bike someone is changing the bars on. The bars bought on Ebay cost me $35.00.

They look to be every bit of what I was expecting.

I removed the stock bars and laid them across my headlight with padding to protect my surfaces. Had my son hold the bars as you will see in a few photos as I removed the bike from my condor wheel chock, and turned the bars full lock so you can see how they will clear the tank and look when parked.

See a few photos here:

This is my first time using photobucket. I hope this turns out right.

Luke I hope you can use my work to document the steps it takes to change out bars.

One major hurdle for a lot of folks will be machining the slots into the bars for the wires that run
through the bars.
I hope to offer this service to others for a reasonable fee. I will take photos of my work in our
machine shop and show what needs to happen. If someone needs me to machine their bars this
is something that can be done I'm sure.

I'll keep you all posted as this comes along.

Best,
Nomadken
Ken C.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those look like they will be sweet Ken. Keep us posted

·
Registered
6 Posts
How is that handle bar mod going? I'm looking to do the same thing. Can you give some details on your hydraulic line modifications for the brake and clutch?
Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They look like they belong NomadKen, nice! I am trying to find 1 and 1\4 drag bars with one inch indents my self. I may have to remove the stock risers (which I desperately want to keep on) and go with an integrated set, or find a Z bar that has room for the stock risers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted Z bars in the worst way. I thought the Raider design needed it. But alas, no one had a Z bar
that would offer pullback that was needed.

Although the VTX isn't a Z bar at least it isn't an Ape Hanger.

I'll get back on this soon and get you guys and update. Been too busy riding it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts