MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting a general thread for Specifications...

For instance... right now, I need to know how to gauge the belt tension when re-assembling after replacing a rear tire.

I've heard that Torque Specs on the Rear Axle nut is around 110 lb/ft, is that correct?

Feel Free to put whatever specifications you like in this thread ...

Torqu Specs on specific bolts & nuts, Oil Capacity, Part Numbers for things like brake pads, oil filters.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Posting a general thread for Specifications...

For instance... right now, I need to know how to gauge the belt tension when re-assembling after replacing a rear tire.

I've heard that Torque Specs on the Rear Axle nut is around 110 lb/ft, is that correct?

Feel Free to put whatever specifications you like in this thread ...

Torqu Specs on specific bolts & nuts, Oil Capacity, Part Numbers for things like brake pads, oil filters.
Maybe that type of info should go here?
http://www.raiderperformance.com/maintenance.htm

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you check your owners manual it will tell you exactly how to do the belt tention. I used a tention tool and set it at 7-8mm slack which may be a little tight. Remember every mark on your lower guard is 5mm.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oil Capacity not as Owner's manual states...

While the owner's manual reads that the oil capacity on the Raider is 5.2 US Quarts... after draining the tank and both crankcase plugs, along with replacing the filter with a chrome K&N, achieving the top mark on the dipstick required a full 6 quarts of AMSOIL.

Anyone else notice that the manual is in error or do the faster (Raven Black) Raiders just have more oil capacity because of their superioor performance? :joke:

Thankfully, I bought an entire case of the stuff anyway ...

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am also running Amsoil, but I quit adding oil at the halfway mark. That took about 5.5 quarts. I just didn't feel comfortable with the recommended amount they put in the book. When I bought the bike the dealership had it close to halfway and it didn't blow up, so I figured that was close enough. This is the first bike I have ever owned with that much leeway on the dipstick.

·
Registered
499 Posts
While the owner's manual reads that the oil capacity on the Raider is 5.2 US Quarts... after draining the tank and both crankcase plugs, along with replacing the filter with a chrome K&N, achieving the top mark on the dipstick required a full 6 quarts of AMSOIL.

Anyone else notice that the manual is in error or do the faster (Raven Black) Raiders just have more oil capacity because of their superioor performance? :joke:

Thankfully, I bought an entire case of the stuff anyway ...
Ummmm.. not exactly. The Raven's need the extra viscosity just so they can try to keep up. :roflblack:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ummmm.. Not exactly. The raven's need the extra viscosity just so they can try to keep up. :roflblack:
lol that's a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That Extra Viscosity (THICKER) would actually tend to slow things down a little ...

Question... using AMSOil (Synthetic) what is the change in oil change intervals? I put on over 3000 miles a month ... probably 90% highway at 70-80 mph... Chaing the oil and filter every month, or even just the oil adds a lot to the maintenance costs...

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fi2000R / O2 Settings

NOTE: REcommendations for Fi2000 Settings.

A couple of folks running Cobra's Fi2000R/O2 have suggested the setting of ... Both of them are running Cobra Swepts

2-3-2 (Swomack)
and
1.5-3-2 (Birmingham Red)

·
Registered
272 Posts

When I change my oil and put six in, and check when it is hot like the manual says, I find that mine is about one quarter to one half a quart over filled. Be sure to put a little over five in, then run her down the road a heat her up then ck and top off. I hope this helps.:beatdeadhorse:Yes the ravens are "FASTER":thumbup2:

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did put five in then heat her up ... 6 ended up taking her to the top of the dipstick without screwing it in (like the manual says)... Hmmm now I'm curious. Oil should not expand.

And yes, you're right... the Raven's are faster!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes oil expands, that is why you run a car for ten miles before you check the trans fluid. Just like the raider they both have to be hot when fluid levels are checked.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm ... well, I got her pretty well warmed up andthen topped her off... it's still sitting at the top of the dipstick guage. Unusual...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts